Samsung TV Not Turning On

hknight
New User

Jan 17, 2021, 5:08 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TV Not Turning On Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and am hoping I would be able to get some help on what to look for regarding fixing a broken TV. It is a relatively old model (2011 I believe), but has spent most of it's life on a shelf so hasn't had that much use in the grand scheme of things.

The model is a Samsung UE40D7000. The symptoms are as follows:

The TV had been working absolutely fine until one day it wouldn't turn on. The TV sits fine in standby mode (power cable plugged in, with the red standby light on). When the standby button is pressed to turn it on, a relay on the power board clicks, and the red standby light flashes off-on-off-on 5 times in a row, before the relay clicks again. This cycle then repeats indefinitely until the power cable is pulled from the TV.

The power supply board is:

MODEL: PD46B2_BDY
CODE: BN44-00427B
REV: 1.1

Having initially looked into this problem and did some web searches, it seemed that the likely cause was faulty capacitors on the power supply board. I ordered a new board and swapped it out and.... exactly the same symptoms!

Having hoped that swapping the power supply board would fix the issue, I'm now not sure where to proceed next with fault finding. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I realise that it is a relatively old TV now, but in the hope of saving it going to waste (and saving me buying a new TV!), if it can be fixed I'd like to give it another try!

Many thanks in advanced for your replies and suggestions!

repairen
New User

Feb 19, 2021, 10:24 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hknight] Samsung TV Not Turning On [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and am hoping I would be able to get some help on what to look for regarding fixing a broken TV. It is a relatively old model (2011 I believe), but has spent most of it's life on a shelf so hasn't had that much use in the grand scheme of things.

The model is a Samsung UE40D7000. The symptoms are as follows:
https://repair-en.com/...vices-2021-new-post/
The TV had been working absolutely fine until one day it wouldn't turn on. The TV sits fine in standby mode (power cable plugged in, with the red standby light on). When the standby button is pressed to turn it on, a relay on the power board clicks, and the red standby light flashes off-on-off-on 5 times in a row, before the relay clicks again. This cycle then repeats indefinitely until the power cable is pulled from the TV.

The power supply board is:

MODEL: PD46B2_BDY
CODE: BN44-00427B
REV: 1.1

Having initially looked into this problem and did some web searches, it seemed that the likely cause was faulty capacitors on the power supply board. I ordered a new board and swapped it out and.... exactly the same symptoms!

Having hoped that swapping the power supply board would fix the issue, I'm now not sure where to proceed next with fault finding. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I realise that it is a relatively old TV now, but in the hope of saving it going to waste (and saving me buying a new TV!), if it can be fixed I'd like to give it another try!

Many thanks in advanced for your replies and suggestions!

i have the same problem

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)