Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Repurposing Samsung LTA320W2 backlight

rubyfocus
New User

Apr 28, 2020, 12:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Repurposing Samsung LTA320W2 backlight Can't Post

Hi folks! I'm trying to get a known-working LCD backlight (CCFL) to work on it's own. All of the LCD-related circuitry has been removed as well as the LCD itself. I want to get the backlight to operate and use the whole thing as a cool light source for my dark and dingy hallway. I bought a new 24 volt, 5 amp power supply and rigged up a little voltage divider circuit for the 5v enable signal and the 0-3.3v brightness control. Hooked everything up and all it does is turn off and on every second. When I disconnect the 5v enable signal it turns off as expected; hook it back up and we get the same one second blinking as before. Can anybody tell me what I'm missing here? The only thing I can figure is the inverter board might need the voltages (24, 5, & 3.3v) applied in a specific order, in which case I have no idea how to accomplish that unless I rig up an Arduino or something.
Anybody?

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 29, 2020, 8:25 PM

Post #2 of 2 (991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rubyfocus] Repurposing Samsung LTA320W2 backlight [In reply to] Can't Post

24V must be 24V.
5V enable must toggle from 0V to 5V to turn display on & off.
0V - 3.3V should allow no brightness to full brightness (current, analog operation).
You must also be using an Inverter board to supply high voltage to the CCFL bulbs.
Inverter board may also have its own shutdown capability. (It may sense if, for example, you are NOT using all 16 bulbs)

As I do not know which Inverter or complete panel number is involved the following is to be taken with a grain of salt:
https://www.beyondinfinite.com/...ung/LTA320W2-L03.pdf

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)