Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SOLVED: Mitsubishi WD-82738 varied flickering problem

dlp_size_queen
New User

Jun 18, 2015, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1745 views)
Shortcut
SOLVED: Mitsubishi WD-82738 varied flickering problem Can't Post

I am having an interesting flickering problem on my Mitsubishi WD-82738 TV: At first I thought it might be a line problem, so I bought a line conditioner. Well it turns out the line conditioner has not solved the problem, in fact it seems to be getting worse. <br> <br>It seems like it is rapidly (although this varies) choosing between two different brightness levels, almost like if the TV had a room-brightness sensor (anyone know if a WD-82738 has one?) and its signal was being switched on and off rapidly. The flickering is irregular, and, at times, slows down and this effect of two brightness levels switching back and forth really shows itself more clearly. ( <br> <br>Someone at shopjimmy told me it is either the power supply or the ballast. It does seem to get worse as the TV warms up, but that could be either one. I followed up with them after I got the line conditioner but the new person who replied that time told me they don't offer tech support any more because they are building an automated one (which sounds awful). <br> <br>That aside, anyone know what I should check on this beast? I'm tempted to just order a new power supply for it but thought I'd ask here... (hope this is the right forum, many of them seem to overlap). <br>

(This post was edited by dlp_size_queen on Jun 19, 2015, 3:03 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 19, 2015, 4:01 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dlp_size_queen] Mitsubishi WD-82738 varied flickering problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Check lamp. Old, weak bulbs (as well as the wrong type of NEW bulb) can cause some strange symptoms.

-------------------------

dlp_size_queen
New User

Jun 19, 2015, 3:02 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1711 views)
Shortcut
SOLVED: Mitsubishi WD-82738 varied flickering problem [In reply to] Can't Post

THe bulb is pretty new but after talking to the "live chat" guy at shopjimmy, he suggested removing and re-seating the bulb. Worked like a charm! Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)