SONY KV1926RA Television

Merkava_4
New User

Jul 10, 2015, 10:27 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1019 views)
Shortcut
SONY KV1926RA Television Can't Post

Hello Everybody,

I'm looking for any kind of service information that you may have. Schematic drawings, service manuals, anything that you may have access to. The issue the set is having is a screen flickering with a constant rhythm and a momentary pause in between flickers. The flickering is both visual and audible. During the very brief period that the screen is not flickering, the picture is perfect. The issue is present during both DVDs and broadcast reception. The antenna reception is very good and doesn't seem to be affected by the issue. The TV repair shop recommended that I buy a new converter box. I purchased a new converter box and the issue is still present.

Thank you all for your help.

(This post was edited by Merkava_4 on Jul 10, 2015, 10:30 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 10, 2015, 5:38 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Merkava_4] SONY KV1926RA Television [In reply to] Can't Post

The issue is present during both DVDs and broadcast reception. The antenna reception is very good and doesn't seem to be affected by the issue.

Seems that you want it both ways? It IS and IS NOT 'present' / 'affected.'

A television antenna, or TV aerial, is an antenna specifically designed for the reception of over-the-air broadcast television signals...

Most likely a bad electrolytic capacitor on a b-plus line. It may or may not show any physical evidence of being bad.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 10, 2015, 5:41 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)