Samsung 50 inch Plasma

Catbodi
New User

Sep 6, 2015, 4:27 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1452 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 50 inch Plasma Can't Post

Model: PN50B450B1D

Woke up and it doesn't turn on anymore. I'll hit on, hear a couple clicks, turn off. Nothing on display but just keeps happening. After ebaying the model number I see repair kits going and complete boards. What do you guys recon it is and what should I order?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2015, 7:43 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Catbodi] Samsung 50 inch Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Try disconnecting the Y Buffer board then try the TV (It's the most common board to fail). This is the long narrow board on the left edge of the plasma panel when looking in from the back. You can leave the ribbon cables connected that lead to the panel & just remove the Y-buffer board from the YSUS board but be very careful not to tear these ribbon cable or the TV will be scrap at that point.

With this board disconnected try your set as normal, you will not get a picture & the screen will not light up but the set may come on & you may even have audio (if you have a signal source connected such as a cable box, satellite receiver etc.) If this is the result then order a new Y-buffer (also sometimes called a Y-scan drive board).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)