Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem

-=Xploitz=-
New User

Oct 10, 2009, 5:22 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem Can't Post

Hi. First time viewer and poster here at these forums. I hope somebody can help me.

I have a Samsung DLP TV that I inherited from my brother. It was made clear to me that it didn't work anymore. I figured I have a $3000 TV for the first time in my life and I want it to work!

Model # HLN467WX/XAA

It wont turn on. What I mean is that the color wheel wont spin, the fans wont run, the lamp wont turn on. Its like its not getting power...but it is. I noticed that on power up that the green lamp light will blink twice before the TV "shuts down. I hear the relay click from the power button. I can hear what sounds to be a very high pitched whining sound like a camera charging up sound that seems to be coming from the ballast. But then after just a couple of seconds....nothing...it just powers off and doesn't try to start up again on its own. I have to press the power button to try the cycle again, and its always the same unhappy ending no matter if I unplug it and plug it back in or if I press and hold down the power button. Nothing. No life in it.

What test can I try to determine what part I need to replace? And what do you suspect to be the problem?

Fans wont fun, lamp wont light up, and color wheel wont spin.

Thanks for your help.

James

(This post was edited by -=Xploitz=- on Oct 10, 2009, 5:26 PM)

-=Xploitz=-
New User

Oct 12, 2009, 1:08 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [-=Xploitz=-] Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Anything guys? Anything I can test to help me find out why my TV wont "power up"?

The odd thing is that the fans dont run, the color wheel wont spin and the lamp wont light. All I get is that I can hear the ballast "charging up". You know, that high pitched whining sound like an old flash camera makes. What would cause all of these parts not to run?

I can see a green light on the back of what I "think" is the digital board. So there's power flowing.....hmmmm.

Please offer me any test to try or suggestions.

-=Xploitz=-
New User

Oct 13, 2009, 5:07 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [-=Xploitz=-] Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, I just tested the ballast.

Coming from the power board (the blue and brown wire) to the ballast. I obtained a reading of 216VDC on initial power on, and dropped to a "steady" 180VDC. I don't know what the standard DC voltage is for the ballast to receive but I "think" this is enough? The power only stayed on for 2-3 seconds before it shutdown. Still, no lamp...no fans, no color wheel life. Oh, and the ballast only made one "click" which was after what i believe was the tv shutting itself down.

brian87124
New User

Oct 13, 2009, 6:49 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2461 views)
Shortcut

this forum appears to be pretty lame. dont be expecting ant valid responses!

techchris
Veteran

Oct 13, 2009, 8:46 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2457 views)
Shortcut

have you changed the lamp?

-=Xploitz=-
New User

Oct 13, 2009, 9:08 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Unique No Power Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

No, the lamp is in pristine condition. No burn spots, char or anything like that, and the filament is intact. Nice and shiny.

-=Xploitz=-
New User

Oct 16, 2009, 5:43 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2428 views)
Shortcut

Never mind...

I trashed the TV. F- it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)