Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung LN46A540P2FXZA powers up, has part of start up melody, but no picture!

wbauer
New User

Jul 31, 2015, 2:45 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1350 views)
Shortcut
Samsung LN46A540P2FXZA powers up, has part of start up melody, but no picture! Can't Post

Got this LCD TV from some people last night and they told me it would power on, but it didn't have a picture. When i got it home it wouldn't power on, but it would just continuously click. I changed out two buldging capacitors and now it powers on, gives me a little bit of the start up melody, then the melody goes away and the screen never does come on...then i get a short little hiss that come from around the power supply board. When I unhook the the smaller of the two cables from the power supply to the main board then plug it back in I get the same hiss sound. The light under the screen comes on and stays on when I turn the power on, and the little red light blinks four times then goes out. Anyone have any thoughts...I don't want to just throw parts and money at it if i can get it narrowed down some that would be wonderful. I don't have much experience with fixing tvs but i am pretty handy with most stuff so i can probably do most of what you want me to try, but keep it in simple terms and descriptions! Thank you for any help!

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 21, 2015, 9:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wbauer] Samsung LN46A540P2FXZA powers up, has part of start up melody, but no picture! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unplug tcon and see if melody finishes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xz-iSaEAb8

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 21, 2015, 9:48 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)