Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung Main board swap seemed to work, but no!

kenfred
New User

Dec 16, 2020, 10:45 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1010 views)
Shortcut
Samsung Main board swap seemed to work, but no! Can't Post

Hello. I'm working on a Samsung UN65J630dafxza. The TV wouldn't turn on and the red standby light was out. After replacing the main board of the TV, the red standby light was on! But as soon as I tried to turn on the TV, the red light went away and the TV won't turn on. Now the red light won't come back and this new main board is as dead as the first one. Looking for advice on what I can try to diagnose and fix.

Details:

I checked the power board and things looked good: the fuse worked and I saw the right voltage levels coming out of the connector going to the main board. (Voltages we 12.6 instead of 12.8, but should be close enough, right?). When I unplug the connection between the power board and main board, the backlight turns on. So I reason that the power board must be okay.

After a lot of searching I bought an expensive replacement for the main board. The TV is a few years old, so parts are in short supply. I replaced the board and was please to see the standby light when I plugged it in. However, my joy was short lived. When I pushed the power button on the back of the TV, the red light went out and the TV did not turn on.

Any advice? Is there something killing my main boards? Is there a chance the problem is still with the power board despite the readings? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(This post was edited by kenfred on Dec 16, 2020, 10:46 PM)

tvrepairtech_
New User

Jun 15, 2021, 5:07 PM

Post #2 of 2 (667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kenfred] Samsung Main board swap seemed to work, but no! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is possible the issue is the power board itself.
The issue could also be the panel or the backlights.
I would replace the power supply board and go from there.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)