Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung TV Still clicking

vision1
New User

Jul 24, 2015, 12:51 PM

Post #1 of 11 (2393 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TV Still clicking Can't Post

Hi guys! My samsung tv started clicking on and off so i searched and found out its either the power board (PSU) or the main board so i replaced both boards but no luck it still clicks what else could it be thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2015, 1:49 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vision1] Samsung TV Still clicking [In reply to] Can't Post

-------------------------

vision1
New User

Jul 24, 2015, 1:53 PM

Post #3 of 11 (2383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung TV Still clicking [In reply to] Can't Post

?

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2015, 2:19 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2378 views)
Shortcut

The remote-control device used to change settings on a television set, VCR, or other electronic equipment.
We have a clicker for the TV, one for the VCR, one for the DVD player and another one that does it all.
There are too many clickers in this house.

A clicker is any device that makes a clicking sound, usually when deliberately activated by its user.

They usually consist of a piece of thin metal or plastic held in a casing so that the metal is slightly torqued; depressing one end of the metal causes it to pop out of alignment and releasing it causes it to pop back into alignment, each time making a sharp click.

With some clickers, the user depresses the metal directly with thumb or finger; with others, a button extends above the surface of the casing so that depressing the button makes the metal click.

vision1
New User

Jul 24, 2015, 2:23 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2376 views)
Shortcut

Is that suppose to be funny?

The relay is clicking on and off, this stuff gets frustrating and your not helping by trying to be funny.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2015, 2:53 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2371 views)
Shortcut

Well. you did ask 'what else could it be.'

YOU'RE trying to "act" as your own technician and repair your yet to be divulged whatever size screen, display technology and vintage Samsung television.
You've already tried to replace two different boards from undisclosed providers. Both boards could be 'received defective,' or just plain the WRONG conclusion was reached (TWICE).

Talk about 'frustrating' ... I truly enjoy being expected to divine what is wrong with a TV when ONLY one piece of ambiguous information is disclosed.

Shocked

vision1
New User

Jul 24, 2015, 3:47 PM

Post #7 of 11 (2367 views)
Shortcut

Ok wouldn't it have just been easier to ask for more details?. I was tolled its a common fault and should be either the ones as above

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2015, 4:17 PM

Post #8 of 11 (2361 views)
Shortcut

And you 'tolled' the 'search' the SAME details (& ONLY the SAME details) as you've provided here?

I just Googled: 'Samsung tv started clicking on and off' and got about 1,770,000 results (0.49 seconds) - which one(s) did YOU go with???

vision1
New User

Jul 24, 2015, 5:12 PM

Post #9 of 11 (2355 views)
Shortcut

Sorry if i wasn't clear but i googled the problem and it tolled me to check if there caps where blown which they all looked ok so i also found out that the eeprom is also another problem that causes clicking which isn't a serviceable part so i replaced both boards and had no luck.

Heres the part number:
BN94-02845A MAINBOARD
BN44-00274B PSU

850HW-YB04 TV MODEL

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2015, 5:43 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2352 views)
Shortcut

So we now know: It's most likely a East side of the big pond set, it is a 50" plasma display with a Panel Sticker Number: S50HW-YB04, but you still haven't located the 'correct' model number. Try: http://support-us.samsung.com/...alnumberlocation.jsp

I found No mention of a Main board repair kit or a replacement EEPROM for the Main board # you mentioned.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 24, 2015, 6:08 PM)

omendata
New User

Jul 26, 2015, 7:42 PM

Post #11 of 11 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Still sounds like a dodgy psu - are you sure the one you bought is working have you tested the vs va and standby voltages - have you pulled each sustain board individually to see if the problem goes away.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)