Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung UE32F5000 sporadic not powering on - please help!

Chuckatron
New User

Nov 2, 2021, 8:40 PM

Post #1 of 2 (729 views)
Shortcut
Samsung UE32F5000 sporadic not powering on - please help! Can't Post

Hi all. I've searched the forums extensively for a similar problem and found some people reporting some aspects, but I can't find anyone experiencing the same issue as me, I'm hoping someone can help!

Make: Samsung
Model: UE32F5000

The problem has been getting progressively worse over the last six months.

When it DOES work OK, this is what happens:
- Standby light is on
- Turn TV on with remote
- Standby light flashes a few times
- TV comes on

However, often, when you turn the TV on from standby, the standby LED goes out, doesn't flash, and the TV doesn't turn on. Unplugging for a few minutes then plugging back in sometimes causes the standby light to come back on, but sometimes it doesn't, it can be necessary to unplug/plugin in the TV several times in order to get the standby light back on. Once the standby light is back on, sometimes the TV will come on with the remote, sometimes not, so then it's back to unplugging/plugging in.

I was convinced it was a capacitor on the way out on the power board, but disappointingly there's no bulging caps. Since it seemed to be a power issue, I replaced the power board, but that had no effect at all.

I am considering ordering a replacement main AV board and see if that fixes it, but I'm stabbing in the dark. Hence this post! Does anyone have any suggestions for a more targeted approach?

Many thanks!

Russian
New User

Nov 5, 2021, 11:32 AM

Post #2 of 2 (711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chuckatron] Samsung UE32F5000 sporadic not powering on - please help! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is necessary to measure the voltage of the power supply at the time of a faulty TV, if the voltage is normal, then there is probably a defect in the control board.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)