Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sanyo DP55360 Shuts Off

MRIMiester
New User

Jul 9, 2012, 3:28 AM

Post #1 of 9 (13345 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo DP55360 Shuts Off Can't Post

I have had a Sanyo DP55360 for a little over a year now. Just long enough to be out of warranty. It just started shutting off. I can be watching it for an hour or two, and the volume will reduce by about half for about a second then the TV shuts off. The first time I try to turn it back on after this happens, the green power light comes on and the blue Sanyo welcome screen comes on for a few seconds, then it shuts off again. On any more attempts to turn it on, after that, the power light does not come on, and the TV will not power up. If I unplug it for several minutes, I can start the whole process again. It may stay on for 5 minutes, or it may stay on for an hour.
I took the back off of the TV and everything looks ok. None of the capacitors are bulging or leaking.
Does this sound like the power supply? I wonder if one of the other boards could be causing the power supply to shut down.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2012, 1:30 AM

Post #2 of 9 (13315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MRIMiester] Sanyo DP55360 Shuts Off [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the thread below.

That set and yours will have the same troubleshooting procedure.

Jim
HDMI not working

MRIMiester
New User

Jul 10, 2012, 1:53 AM

Post #3 of 9 (13308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] Sanyo DP55360 Shuts Off [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I read the other post. So from what I understand, I need to test the the voltage at the line, or P/S on. What are the implications of what I find? If the voltage remains the same when it cuts off, what does that mean? If the voltage drops when it cuts off, what does that mean? Does one point to the power supply being bad, while the other points to some other board being bad? Thanks for the help.

MRIMiester
New User

Jul 10, 2012, 3:14 AM

Post #4 of 9 (13303 views)
Shortcut

I just got through with the test procedure you described in the other post. When it powers on, the P/S on reads 4.88 volts. When I power it off, the P/S on stays at 4.88 volts for about 2-3 seconds after the TV powers off and then goes to 0 volts. When the TV powers itself off, the voltage immediately drops to 0 volts. What does that point to? It seems to me that the Main board is causing the power supply to turn off by dropping the P/S on voltage to 0 volts.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2012, 3:22 AM

Post #5 of 9 (13300 views)
Shortcut

That is what it sounds like.

The bad thing, we don't know where the error detect line is. I emailed Sanyo, and they weren't sure. You "probably" have a bad main. And in the words of Sanyo, try the main first....wish I had better news. But in my experience, most of the time that is right.

Jim
HDMI not working

MRIMiester
New User

Jul 10, 2012, 3:25 AM

Post #6 of 9 (13299 views)
Shortcut

Do you know a source for the main board? I have looked on eBay and found all of the other boards, but not the main.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2012, 10:57 AM

Post #7 of 9 (13293 views)
Shortcut

I usually order them from Sanyo directly.

Try shopjimmy, discountTVparts, and ebay (keep checking).

You will also need the number off the old main (usually a 4 or 5 digit number followed by main on the tuner). Something like J4EE main.
HDMI not working

MRIMiester
New User

Jul 14, 2012, 11:42 PM

Post #8 of 9 (13261 views)
Shortcut

Success! I found a main board on eBay. It is working perfectly now.
Thanks for your help. I was sure it was the power supply. Without your diagnostic steps I would have wasted money and time.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2012, 12:48 AM

Post #9 of 9 (13259 views)
Shortcut

Good deal!

Glad to be of some help,,,,,my wife might argue that...
HDMI not working

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)