Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Set won't power up

Phoebesdad
New User

Nov 12, 2003, 1:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2493 views)
Shortcut
Set won't power up Can't Post

Just bought a RCA 46" projection set that won't power up. The guy I got it from had no idea what might be wrong. I'm thinking and hoping it might be a simple power supply problem. Problem is I don't have a manual or prints and my test equipment is limited to a multimeter. I will buy a set of schematics if I need to but maybe someone could steer me to some test points to see if anything is happening in power supply. Maybe email me a copy of power supply schematic? I'm an ex navy radar tech so no stranger to troubleshooting and safety so don't worry that you're sending a lamb to the slaughter. But I'm a TV rookie and would appreciate any help I can get, if only enough to determine whether there might be a simple fix. If I get this thing working for a 50 cent part. I'll be a real hero to my wife. Thanks! davebabs@adelphia.net

MaierTV
User

Nov 12, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Phoebesdad] Set won't power up [In reply to] Can't Post

Here we go again ----
Model Number?

Phoebesdad
New User

Nov 13, 2003, 12:06 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaierTV] Set won't power up [In reply to] Can't Post

Model P46732BA Chassis PTK169PGA

If the info I need is posted already, please let me know where. If I have access to a schematic of the power supply, I can troubleshoot and repair to get B+ so that I can tell if the set is worth fixing. I don't have a scope or logic probe but can check diodes and resistors with a multimeter. Thanks for your response.

Dave

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)