Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp 27" audio problems

Eagle97
New User

Mar 23, 2004, 3:12 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1716 views)
Shortcut
Sharp 27" audio problems Can't Post

hello. i bought a sharp 27" tv about 5 months ago. i recently experienced some problems with it. the picture would turn a little grey. i could adjust with by changing the 'brightness' setting. but sometimes the grey would return. also, the sound would decrease and eventually drop completly. it usually took between 5 minutes and 1hour for the sound to do that.

i took the tv to a authorized shop repair place. they fixed it. but once i brought it home, the sound problem had remained. depending on how long the tv is off, the sound would be fine for about one hour. i can fix the problem by turning the tv off for a few seconds and turn it back on. but the sound eventually goes away again. i took it back to the shop, and they checked it out for about a week and found no audio troubles. i bring it back home, plug just the cable into it...and about 1 hour 30 min later, the sound drops again. i moved the tv to another room, same result. i brought it upstairs and in front of our 36" sharp tv(5 years old, running perfectly) and the sound still drops after 10min.

i could just have them come and check it out, but they said i have to call sharp and have them dispatch the shop to come by my house.

anyone experience this before? any ideas? i basically have the tv plugged straight into the outlet and an xbox plugged into the a/v ports. ive alredy proven the xbox works with another tv. i also placed another tv in the place of the sharp, and i have no problems with the sound.

any ideas? thanks.

Eagle97
New User

Mar 23, 2004, 3:17 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eagle97] Sharp 27" audio problems [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry, the model number is: 27U-S710.

the shop would just come by and check it out, but i guess because ive brought the tv to their shop, id have to pay the 130 dollars for them to come out. thats almost the price i paid for the tv itself($199)...but i could avoid that fee if i call sharp and have them tell the shop to come out to my house.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)