Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Projection television KP-43T70

randys
New User

Jul 4, 2003, 6:56 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2597 views)
Shortcut
Sony Projection television KP-43T70 Can't Post

I have a three year old Sony projection that all of a sudden refuses to turn on. The LED indicator flashes fours times. I called the Sony help line who referred me to a "qualified" Sony repair facility who sent out a service tech. He pulled the back cover, looked inside and said your power board is probably bad and you are looking at 5 to 7 hundred dollars but we have to take it in to the shop. Needless to say the set is still here .

Does anyone have any ideas?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you

fxrob
New User

Jul 5, 2003, 10:12 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [randys] Sony Projection television KP-43T70 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same tv, and mine was "diagnosed with 3 leaking picture tubes" and was given an estimate for $775. The symptoms were arcing and a hissing noise. After talking on the phone with Sony and getting the run-around....I just decided to tear the tv apart myself. I could never actually see the source of the arcing until I took the whole thing apart. I found the source and e-mailed fixyourowntv.com about what I found. I now have a $23 part on the way that is hopefully (fingers crossed) going to fix my tv. I'd try e-mailing them and see what they say about the code 4. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get another opinion. I wasn't about to spend $775 on that tv, I was ready to buy another one. Now if this part works, I won't have to.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)