Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sony Trinitron KV-27FV300 Red Horizontal Lines on Black Screen (good picture)

bradleytmb
New User

Mar 7, 2020, 11:21 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Sony Trinitron KV-27FV300 Red Horizontal Lines on Black Screen (good picture) Can't Post

Hello all, this issue has been driving me crazy and I hope someone can help me to better understand it. I've tried researching it for the last week with no luck.

I have a Sony Trinitron Model KV-27FV300 that I recently picked up. As for as I can tell it works perfectly with one exception- when the TV is on a black screen, it has these reddish horizontal lines all the way down the screen. As far as I can tell, they do disappear when a picture is on the screen, but if I'm playing something that has a deep black I the picture, they do show up.

Also, when I switch between two different medias, like a 240P SNES to a 480i PS2, the shift in aspect ratio causes the lines to shift in spacing also.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Examples posted below. Thank you!

Regular Camera: https://youtu.be/h5xq_GS85zM
Higher Frame Rate(ish): https://youtu.be/0NYW2vJQYtw

(This post was edited by bradleytmb on Mar 8, 2020, 1:47 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 8, 2020, 12:00 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bradleytmb] Sony Trinitron KV-27FV300 Red Horizontal Lines on Black Screen (good picture) [In reply to] Can't Post

Try slowly raising/lowering the Screen (aka G2) control.

Post photo to a photo sharing service, copy appropriate link and post link here. (PREVIEW POST to confirm).

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Mar 8, 2020, 12:04 AM)

bradleytmb
New User

Mar 8, 2020, 1:50 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sony Trinitron KV-27FV300 Red Horizontal Lines on Black Screen (good picture) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll try the photo next, in the meantime I took two videos on my iPhone and posted to YouTube. 1st one is the regular camera, second was a higher frame rate; don't know if it helps but it's there.

Forgive me, I am VERY novice when it comes to CRTs. Your recommendation, is that a setting in the menu on the tv, or something that physically needs to be done :-/ (I should probably try looking that up lol)

Thank you for your time.

(This post was edited by bradleytmb on Mar 8, 2020, 1:57 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 8, 2020, 3:41 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bradleytmb] Sony Trinitron KV-27FV300 Red Horizontal Lines on Black Screen (good picture) [In reply to] Can't Post

https://imgur.com/xGOPqs4

-------------------------

bradleytmb
New User

Apr 24, 2020, 12:14 AM

Post #5 of 5 (982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sony Trinitron KV-27FV300 Red Horizontal Lines on Black Screen (good picture) [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been out of town on work for quite some time and have not been able to do what you suggested until now. It worked!! Thank you so much for your help on this!!!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)