Sony kdl 50w800c Logo on startup, to blackscreen no sound

jacl35
New User

Feb 23, 2022, 5:21 PM

Post #1 of 1 (619 views)
Shortcut
Sony kdl 50w800c Logo on startup, to blackscreen no sound Can't Post

Hello!

Any help would be appreciated. I am looking for the right method to track down the issue with a Sony kdl 50w800c , that someone gave me for parts if I wanted it. They said the tech told them the LCDs were bad or the board that controlled them, and it wasn't worth fixing. Since I am repairing things as a new hobby to learn electronics. I started to try and track down the problem myself since the person that gave it to me only gave me, "I think he said, ....blah blah, but forget, something with the led or lcd"

Turning on the TV, the Sony logo show for about 2-3 seconds and the screen turns black, the power light is white for about 3 seconds and then flashed red 5 times...goes off and repeats the 5 red flashes about 5 second later. I tried doing a hard reset...holding the volume down and power button while plugging in...I couldn't get the light to even turn green. I tried that 4 times....nothing, but the same start of logo black screen and 4 red flashes from the power light. So I turned off the lights in the room checked to see if I could see any backlights, but I did not...I used the flashlight to check the screen while going to menu, I seen nothing,just black and no sound.

BTW, the 5 red Flashes most likely indicate bad lcd panel connection or internal lcd short. THe triange Chart from the Schematic I tracked down says the most likely isse is in the LCD panel / Tcon

I could use some guidance on Where to narrow the issue from there so I can finalized the troubleshooting to exactly what needs to be fixed.

That' all I know and all I tried from reading posts and checking videos on Youtube and Whatever I can find on Google. While I read a lot of help for black screen and no sound..and tried every single troubleshooting method they had...they all only get to the possible board issue, but the symptoms are enough different from mine, to probably not be the standard board issue.

I realize many of you have more time in learning about basic electronics than me, but I am willing to learning if someone points me in the right direction.

Thanks for any kindness and willingness to help.

Regards Jack , an Expat semi-retired in Bangkok

(This post was edited by jacl35 on Feb 23, 2022, 6:17 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)