Strange Issue Samsung LED 3D TV

shaik74
New User

Jul 29, 2015, 8:18 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Strange Issue Samsung LED 3D TV Can't Post

Hello,
I am experiencing a strange issue, My Samsung LED 3D ue46d6200tsxzf was working perfectly fine expect there was a thin parallel line (Left side) appearing on the screen.
I looked at a youtube video and there they explained that by putting a thin layer of cello tape on one side on the edge of ribbon cable that connects to Tcon I can resolve the issue so I tried and it did not work. I wanted to revert back I removed the cello tape and reinserted the ribbon but in vein it is not working.I tried several times but with delicate touch but no luck.

Current situation one half works but as soon as I insert the left side ribbon the whole screen goes dark and the TV switches off after couple of seconds, I checked ribbon cable with zoom in lens as well to see if gold pads on the ribbon cable are good they seems to be ok, I am now confused if by putting the tape did in my first trail I messed up something.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated I am attaching a photo as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards,
Nasar

t0nito
User

Jul 29, 2015, 12:17 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shaik74] Strange Issue Samsung LED 3D TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Usualy if the whole screen goes black when inserting the ribbon to the side that doesn't work indicates a bad panel.

shaik74
New User

Jul 29, 2015, 12:31 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0nito] Strange Issue Samsung LED 3D TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,
Thank you for your reply, You mean the TCON board can be defective? I am woundering if the TCON is bad then the screen should be complete dark always?

When i remove the ribbon that i messed with initally one part of the screen it working.
Only when i insert that ribbon which i messed with issue start meaning the power light blinks and the complete dark.

Appreicate your help

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 29, 2015, 1:03 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2307 views)
Shortcut

Inspect CONNECTOR that ribbon cable with the cello tape was in for debris or damage ... ?Am presuming that ideal behind this unidentified utub video was to put tape on Non-conductor side of ribbon so that when reassembled, connector would press conductors down tighter on the contacts inside connector?

Tcon board number(s)?

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 29, 2015, 1:19 PM)

shaik74
New User

Jul 29, 2015, 2:06 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Strange Issue Samsung LED 3D TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Again,

Yes i did inspect the gold pads on the ribbon cable are clean and they are not damanged, just to ensure i did clean them with alochol solution.

(LSJ460hw01-s) (j460hw01-05)

One thing that i observed is the other end of the ribbon cable (not the tcon side but the other side) it is connected to another small board and that moves a bit, not sure if there is any relation.

Appreciate your ideas and tips.

I have a photo but looks like i cannot attach in this fourm, if you want i can send it to you

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 29, 2015, 2:19 PM

Post #6 of 10 (2297 views)
Shortcut

I'm asking about the connector CON_1/CON_2 on the tcon board itself ... NOT the FFC jumper cable that you applied the tape to.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/...176e-t-con-board.htm

shaik74
New User

Jul 29, 2015, 2:31 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2294 views)
Shortcut

Got it , i did not touch the CON_1/CON_2 cable so thought that cannot be the reason but i am going to do a cleanup of this cable and come back soon with the result, Meanwhile i am still woundering the FFC jumper cable connection not on TCON side why does that board moves is it normal!

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 3, 2015, 3:39 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2254 views)
Shortcut

My Samsung LED 3D ue46d6200tsxzf was working perfectly fine expect there was a thin parallel line (Left side) appearing on the screen.
I looked at a youtube video and there they explained that by putting a thin layer of cello tape on one side on the edge of ribbon cable that connects to Tcon I can resolve the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Symptom you are describing versus symptom shown in that video don't quite match (video shows a vertical jitter - which can also be caused by tab bonding - and later numerous parallel short horizontal lines at edge of screen.

a thin parallel line
'a' and 'line' - describes a single line.
'thin' - as opposed to thick?
'parallel' - to what? ?a screen side edge? or a screen top/bottom edge?

shaik74
New User

Aug 3, 2015, 6:07 PM

Post #9 of 10 (2247 views)
Shortcut

You are right it is not same to same as the video on youtube.
Indeed it was a single thin horizontal line on the top left side.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 3, 2015, 6:14 PM

Post #10 of 10 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Is it possible that T-Con is bad that is the reason half screen working the other half not?

Or the driver board in the panel.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)