Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced

akoen
New User

Jun 1, 2015, 8:34 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2133 views)
Shortcut
Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced Can't Post

Hello!
I hope someone may know what i can do next. I have a Samsung PS50B456B2W plasma TV. The TV won't turn on (the screen wont turn on). I can hear something on the power board clicking, but nothing happens. When i measure the voltage "Vs" it is jumping between 0V to 15V (it should be 210). If i remove the connector between the power-board and the board controlling the screen, i can meassure the correct voltage, and then the audio on the television will turn on.
I have replaced nearly all capacitors. What can i do next?

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 1, 2015, 8:48 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [akoen] Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced [In reply to] Can't Post

Try changing: 'the board controlling the screen.'

-------------------------

akoen
New User

Jun 1, 2015, 8:58 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced [In reply to] Can't Post

isn't there a way to fix it without replacing the board? I'm pretty good with a soldering iron :)

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 1, 2015, 9:37 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [akoen] Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced [In reply to] Can't Post

1) There is a problem inside your television;
2) Change boards until TV works. If all boards are changed and problem still remains - either a board you were told was good is in fact defective or the display panel itself is involved;
3) Once the board that was preventing the TVs proper operation is determined, then you can move on to changing the likely semiconductors one at a time or all at once, then the caps. If this happens to be the board that you've already changed the capacitors on, you can skip this step.

akoen
New User

Jun 1, 2015, 9:42 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced [In reply to] Can't Post

That is indeed a very smart to troubleshoot. The only problem is that each board cost around 80£, som i would be happy if i could get a hint to which smeconductors usely goes bad on the LJ41-05905A buffer board?

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 1, 2015, 10:37 PM

Post #6 of 13 (2122 views)
Shortcut

Technical: Panasonic Plasma 50" is clicking, but not turning on. All capacitors is replaced
I have a Samsung PS50B456B2W plasma TV.

Which is it?

You may want to watch the YT video. Notice you provided a printed circuit board number - Not a board Part number.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/...38a-y-main-board.htm
One (or more) of the IC chips. If fails again Panel defective.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 1, 2015, 10:45 PM)

akoen
New User

Jun 2, 2015, 7:38 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2106 views)
Shortcut

Okay. But to be sure it is the YSUB buffer board, will it be possible to do the following test?
remove the ribbons cables to the screen from the YSUB buffer board. Then try to turn on the TV. If the TV is clicking, it is the YSUB buffer boardd. If the TV is not clicking it is the screen.
I don't know if this test is the right way to the test if it is the screen or the board that is faulty?

akoen
New User

Jun 2, 2015, 8:27 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2103 views)
Shortcut

I have just detached the Y-board, and here i can measure 0,6 OHMS between the Vs pin and the GND pin. I guess this means the board is faulty. Any idea where the short can be?

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 2, 2015, 8:33 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2103 views)
Shortcut

? Don't know ? You DID see repair kit at SJ?
Check resistance across the two power resistors below the third buffer IC from the top of the board. Low resistance indicates one or more bad buffer IC's

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 2, 2015, 8:43 AM)

akoen
New User

Jun 2, 2015, 9:56 AM

Post #10 of 13 (2097 views)
Shortcut

If you mean the two resistors in the buttom of this picture, then i meassure 25 kohm. So i dont think it is a bad buffer. Could it be a damaged diode or power mosfet?

http://i.imgur.com/j17HV7i.jpg

BTW i appreciate your help!

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 2, 2015, 4:44 PM

Post #11 of 13 (2092 views)
Shortcut

Could it be a damaged diode or power mosfet?

move on to changing the likely semiconductors one at a time or all at once

Just spotted you on BC, they appear to agree.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 2, 2015, 4:46 PM)

akoen
New User

Jun 3, 2015, 10:13 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2012 views)
Shortcut

I have found a replacement board for my LJ92-01601A. The board i have found is revision AA2. My board is AA1. This shouldn't matter right?

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 3, 2015, 10:45 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like it. Unless you're trying to get a 'repair kit,' then revision would make a difference.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)