Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Top half of tv ghosting/blurry Samsung UE55f6670S 55" LED

Jayonline85
New User

Oct 29, 2015, 9:24 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Top half of tv ghosting/blurry Samsung UE55f6670S 55" LED Can't Post

Hi I've been having this problem for a few weeks now and it is not always constant, sometimes it goes away, the top half of the screen has a ghosting effect especially on the sports channels, I've seen ghosting before, mine isn't extreme ghosting but it's enough to annoy us and the children. You can see 2 balls when watching football or 2 heads when they are moving sideways.
Things I have tried to fix it;
Had a sky engineer out to see if it was the sky box but he swapped the box and the problem still there.
I have tried all different settings like motion plus, resetting the tv, updating it and different picture modes .
Tried different hdmi ports, different hdmi cables, different channels.
I leave the the tv on standby at night and the engineer said it could be static build up but he didn't know much.

Sometimes the tv is fine, when I come down in the morninlg and turn on the tv the problem is usually there. Today after the engineer left I disconnected the power cable from the tv and plugged it back in and the ghosting had gone but it's back again but it keeps coming and going every hour or so for about 10 seconds then goes again. So I think unplugging the mains socket from the back of the tv has worked wonders for some reason but still acting a bit blurry/ghostly. I've had the tv about 3 years and was bought new from currys.
I also connect my laptop to it via hdmi to watch movies and play games on my PlayStation 4 with it if that makes any difference. Sorry for the long description but I want to see if this can be fixed myself before passing it to a to repair centre as I will have no to for the children. Thanks for any help and is very much appreciated

(This post was edited by Jayonline85 on Oct 29, 2015, 9:29 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)