whirlp0ol
New User

Mar 30, 2013, 1:32 PM

Post #1 of 7 (5061 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 32KV500B Screen Issues Can't Post

Hi Guys

New to this so please go easy :)

I have had the Toshiba 32KV500B For a couple of years and it was only used for playing Xbox 360 on so didn't really get used much. About 6 months ago the TV decided it wanted to throw colours everywhere and put vertical lines around everywhere.
I have no idea if this could be fixed and just wanted opinions on what could be done?
I have attached an image

Hope it works

Thanks in advance

satinser
New User

Oct 26, 2014, 2:26 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whirlp0ol] Toshiba 32KV500B Screen Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

I know its been a long time since this post was left. Would be interested to know whether this problem was on immediately on start up or whether the picture started ok but degraded to this after a minute on first switch on. I have reason to believe that this fault is indicative of a bad vestel panel. I am sure that by now you have probably disposed of this TV. If you do happen to read this reply I would be grateful if you could reply in order to aid future diagnosis of this fault.

whirlp0ol
New User

Oct 26, 2014, 10:17 AM

Post #3 of 7 (4313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [satinser] Toshiba 32KV500B Screen Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

Thanks for the response. Luckily I still have the TV and am still looking to fix it. The problem does fade in after the TV has been on for about 10-20 seconds (Faster if on HD channel).
Is the part you mentioned an easy part to buy and fit?

Thanks

satinser
New User

Oct 26, 2014, 1:28 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [whirlp0ol] Toshiba 32KV500B Screen Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Afraid as indicated in my last message the most likely reason for this fault is a bad panel. That being the case it would normally be classed as non cost effective to repair. I have the same model st moment with exactly the same fault. when first switched on fault is not visible but slowly degrades like the image you posted within a few minutes. I would be interested if you could have a look at the panel sticker on back of set and if poosible let me know the number. If its the same as mine it could of been a bad panel batch. If you look at the side inputs on the tv it should be on white label above there on back of panel casing. If it like mine it will be a Samsung Panel.

5T3V4
New User

Jul 16, 2015, 10:50 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3671 views)
Shortcut

I have the exact same problem and mine is the samsung panel its LTA320AP06, im just wondering if its worth fixing

satinser
New User

Jul 17, 2015, 12:53 AM

Post #6 of 7 (3657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [5T3V4] Toshiba 32KV500B Screen Issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to have to inform that the course of this fault is 100% bad panel. This being the case the TV is not repairable. It would cost more than the TV is worth to replace the panel.

5T3V4
New User

Jul 17, 2015, 9:15 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3640 views)
Shortcut

I cleaned the t-con cable yesterday n put it back together it worked all day but went off again last night so maybe its the t-con board? Im gona try and re solder the joints on the connecter aswell today as this is a common fault in samsung lcd tvs aswell

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)