Vizio 42" SV420M LG 42" lightning, HDMI out

centervolume
New User

Sep 3, 2015, 11:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Vizio 42" SV420M LG 42" lightning, HDMI out Can't Post

Greetings!
first time poster here let me start with a thanks to ANYONE taking their personal time to share their knowledge with folks like me !

My father in law gave me this flat screen after HDMI 1 input was taken out in a lightning storm along with the ability of the remote control to interact with the main TV unit itself.

I have just been plugging into HDMI 2, 3, or 4 and manually turning on/off and routing the audio through an external sound system.

Then all the HDMI inputs quit on me a couple days back. I have the unit working with the RCA/phono jack input which is low definition but have started to wonder about just replacing one (or both) of the boards.

Question is... which one? I j have not yet opened the unit but it appears that there is are 2 boards? power supply and "t-con" ?? replacements look fairly easy to come by but I want to minimize my chances of messing up the repair by just replacing the board or boards that require replacement.

Is there any way to tell which it might be? I do have a pretty nice fluke 117 I use to work on old audio tube amps.

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 3, 2015, 1:59 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [centervolume] Vizio 42" SV420M LG 42" lightning, HDMI out [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally, I'd think the Main board is more likely.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/sv420m

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)