Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio plasma tv turns on then off HELP!

martinez74
New User

Jun 6, 2015, 6:25 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Vizio plasma tv turns on then off HELP! Can't Post

Hi there, I'm a new user on this forum and I am happy to be here. My issue is that my Vizio p50hdtv10a plasma TV turns on then shuts down after about 4 seconds. I disconnected the X sustain with the Y sustain plugged in but the TV still shut down, but when I turned it back on using the power button it stayed on. Then, I reconnected the X sustain and it shut down the first time, and the second time with the power button. While the TV was on with the X sustain disconnected, I tested the Vs and Va on the power supply using my multimeter and it was good. The standby volts is fine as well. So I'm assuming it's the X sustain board that's the problem. Do you think its the X sustain board or the Y sustain board, and how do you test those boards for shorts? I also checked the fuses and found that one was bad on the Y sustain board, even though the TV still turned on with the X sustain disconnected. I don't see any bulged capacitors on the boards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the X sustain directly connects to the Y sustain to get its power and not the power supply. The link for the picture of the tv is below.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/f01.justanswer.com/sunny06092002/2011-12-16_052250_tvpix_004.jpg

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)