Audio from multiple sources heard at same time

sgtrahanlsu
New User

May 13, 2007, 11:24 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1549 views)
Shortcut
Audio from multiple sources heard at same time Can't Post

Hi,

I have a simple 20" Philips flat screen in the office at my house.
I have a DVR cable box hooked up to the side AV panel, and an Xbox 360 hooked up via the TV's rear Component inputs.

All cables are properly connected.

Well, when I have both turned on, I hear both audio sources together on both the AV side and CV1 input channels on the TV.

Also, the sound from the cable box is greatly reduced w/ the CV cables in place.

Any idea as to what's going on? Bad tv altogether?

The same thing happens when I try hooking the DVR box up via an S-Video connection.

rrobor
Veteran

May 14, 2007, 1:40 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sgtrahanlsu] Audio from multiple sources heard at same time [In reply to] Can't Post

Switching is faulty, you have all the switch inputs on. Could be the painter chip not working correctly, but if I were betting its the input chip blown. This is easy done by plugging and unplugging units when they are on. Always hook up to a no power unit from a no power unit and try to ground the leads to the antenna socket before plugging in. And yes we all do plug in live and most times its OK, but its a bad habit.

techchris
Veteran

May 14, 2007, 6:19 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sgtrahanlsu] Audio from multiple sources heard at same time [In reply to] Can't Post

On some tv's the A/V socket on the side or front is wired in parallel to one of the rear sockets.the only answer to this is to only have one external unit switched on at any one time. you didnt say if the tv has always done this or it occured suddenly,in which case rrobor's diagnosis is correct

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)