Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Intermittent loss of picture and sound on Sharp CRT TV

kaityf
New User

Jul 24, 2016, 4:54 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1238 views)
Shortcut
Intermittent loss of picture and sound on Sharp CRT TV Can't Post

My Sharp 27J-S180 tv works fine most of the time. However, periodically (sometimes every few hours), the picture and sound are lost on the tv to be replaced by snow and static. After some time (which varies), they both come back and everything is fine again - until the next time.

It's not the external cable connection . I've checked that and tried a new cable. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I might fix it?

Thanks for any help/advice.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2016, 4:47 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaityf] Intermittent loss of picture and sound on Sharp CRT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

You should also try the composite inputs.
Next time its working see if flexing the Main circuit board affects the problem. (Bad solder joint(s) / cracked board)

-------------------------

kaityf
New User

Jul 24, 2016, 5:53 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Intermittent loss of picture and sound on Sharp CRT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. I'll definitely try those things. I'm afraid I don't know what the composite inputs are, though.

It sounds like the problem might be easily fixed, unless the main circuit board is cracked. Is that correct?

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 24, 2016, 6:59 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaityf] Intermittent loss of picture and sound on Sharp CRT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Composite inputs are the Yellow/Red/White RCA style connectors on the front and back of your set.

All these are just suggestions that can be tried to fix or narrow down the problem (like the freezing of the tuner I mentioned on that other forum).

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)