Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
I have a 40 inch Proscan LCD TV that power cycles with a steady red LED.

mattd1979
New User

Apr 6, 2014, 6:04 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1535 views)
Shortcut
I have a 40 inch Proscan LCD TV that power cycles with a steady red LED. Can't Post

The TV model is Proscan 40LC45S57. What happens when I plug it in is I here a repetitious high pitch wine pulse as the LED stays constant red and you here the speakers popping and the relays inside clicking in sync. I removed the back cover to do a visual inspection to see if there were any blown capacitors or burnt ICs but couldn't tell visually. I decided to go ahead and disconnect the cable that runs from the power board over to the back light inverter. After disconnecting the inverter cable and reconnecting the power cord, I saw a red LED on the power board come on and the red LED on the front of the TV switched off and a blue LED switched on. I then grabbed my flash light and shined it through the back side of the LCD panel and I could see that the "No Signal" message was displaying. So apparently there must either be a short in the inverter board or do you think that maybe the power supply isn't strong enough to supply power to the inverter and that is why it is cycling? I had also noticed that when I turned the TV off there is a high pitch wine coming from what looks like the smaller of the two transformers on the power supply board.

What can I do at this point to determine which board is the problem? Could it have both a bad inverter and a PSU board?

Thanks,
Matt

flyatyou66
User

Apr 16, 2014, 7:27 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mattd1979] I have a 40 inch Proscan LCD TV that power cycles with a steady red LED. [In reply to] Can't Post

When you disconnected the inverter cable did the power board still make the clicking noise? If it stopped then the power board is good. When you turned the tv on and got a blue led the power board is fine. When you see the no signal message with flashlight then it's just you inverter board.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)