Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
looking for advice

Carrieann
New User

Sep 18, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1790 views)
Shortcut
looking for advice Can't Post

Ok. no idea what most of what ya'll are talking about. So..... my problem is... my little 19" GE tv has no picture. Sound is there when you turn it on and everything, just no picture. I do not want to fix this myself, but when I take it to the shop. I don't want to get takin advantage of. What should be an average price that I should look for in the repairs for this. And is it even worth trying to fix with tv's being as cheap as they are? Thx for any advice.

Wiz
User

Sep 18, 2005, 7:11 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carrieann] looking for advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Could be the Horizontal Output Transistor, in which case, it will be an easy fix, a few £'s/$'s plus 10 minutes labour or sumthing. However, there may be a reason for the HOT dying.
Other than this, there could be many more reasons, but in my opinion, the HOT is the most likely

shadetree
Veteran

Sep 18, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1782 views)
Shortcut

ck to see if picture tube filaments are lite if hot is shorted there likely will be no sound

mel
Veteran

Sep 18, 2005, 9:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1781 views)
Shortcut

The cost will depend on your local economy but in this area, most shops have a minimum charge of $65. Consumers Report suggests that unless the set is very new, repairing any TV under 32" is not cost effective.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)