Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
powers on then right back off. help!!

don
New User

May 28, 2003, 9:14 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2320 views)
Shortcut
powers on then right back off. help!! Can't Post

pioneer sd-p5553k big screen tv. powers up then right back off. has 2 power relays that both click on and right back off. talked to some techs and they said a common proble with pioneer was a stk modual so i replaced it. still does same thing. if you have any info that would help please e-mail me at drowan@houston.rr.com

also looking for service manual / shcmatics (( service manual part # is arp2273 ))

Thank you all!!

electronicman
TV Repair Authority

May 29, 2003, 3:38 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [don] powers on then right back off. help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

on the board you replaced the stk's check for bad solder joints, also on the power supply board check for bad solder joints. Don't forget to check all the fuses. If you still have trouble the disconnect the anode from the hv spilter that goes to the flyback. be carefull only do this while the set is off. Then move the anode lead away from everything and try to see if it power up.
I AM LOST ON THIS PLANET, SO I WILL HELP YOU WITH ELECTRONICS

don
New User

May 29, 2003, 9:37 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [electronicman] powers on then right back off. help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep did that! disconnected the high voltage line. same thing still happens. thanks for the help any other suggestions?? this does mean that the crt's are not shorted right ?? also I only replaced the huge stk i do not see any others on the front board.

(This post was edited by don on May 29, 2003, 9:39 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)