Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Are you still using VCR?

Roosevelt
New User

Jan 2, 2014, 12:28 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5400 views)
Shortcut
Are you still using VCR? Can't Post

With the rapid changes in electronics the use of VCR has reduced drastically in the last decade or so and most of the people are now using CD players and DVD players instead of VCR and I am also one of these people. Do you still use VCR?

Misfire
User

Oct 14, 2014, 6:36 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roosevelt] Are you still using VCR? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to use on as far as getting surround sound out of regular TV channels, When I ever watch TV which is almost never.

davexnet
New User

Nov 26, 2014, 8:22 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Misfire] Are you still using VCR? [In reply to] Can't Post

I moved apartments about 7 years ago, and again 2 months ago. The tapes I'd boxed up prior to the move
7 years ago remained boxed until this recent move. I've now opened them and are going through them.

My daughter still has many tapes with content not available on DVD, so for now we're still using VHS.

Misfire
User

Nov 27, 2014, 8:04 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davexnet] Are you still using VCR? [In reply to] Can't Post

I kind of don't understand if your asking me something or not,,, I do have a slew of VHS that my ex had left, but I don't really watch any of it.

Barry777
User

May 10, 2015, 8:33 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roosevelt] Are you still using VCR? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, I alternate between VHS, DVD, NetFlix and You Tube while I work, which is almost constantly. I repaired VCR's back in the 80's, and still enjoy messing with them and not overly concerned with picture quality as I mainly listen while the movies are playing anyway.
Barry Fone - VCR Repair hobbyist and professional FAA Repair Station Avionics Bench Technician (top level). TEST EQUIPMENT: (4) Sencore VC93 VCR Analyzers, (11) Tentel gauges, Sencore VA48 and (2) VA62 Video Analyzers, Sigma Electronics TSG-375 NTSC/SMPTE Video Generator, several VCR Alignment Tapes, plus countless Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Wow and Flutter Meters, Distortion Analyzers, Vectorscope, 136-channel Logic Analyzer, Signature Analyzer . . . . VIDEO GEAR: (6) JVC BR-S822U's, (3) JVC BR-7000 series, (3) JVC BR-S500U, (2) JVC BR-S800U, JVC GR-800U and (2) GR-860U Editing Controllers, Sony FXE-100 Video Switcher/Effects Generator, (5) Time Code Generator/Readers, (1) Sony SLO-1800 (Beta), (2) Alesis ADAT-XT, (1) Sony DXC-1200 TV Camera, Pioneer VP-1000 Laser Disc Player plus many consumer grade Beta and VHS VCR's. Passionate electronics enthusiast since 1973...most anything except computers. Check out my collection at www.barrys8trackrepair.com/MyVideoGear.html

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)