Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Daewoo DVRT-40 EPG help

amtrakuk
New User

Oct 7, 2016, 10:15 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1976 views)
Shortcut
Daewoo DVRT-40 EPG help Can't Post

Hi there. New to the forum so be kind if I've done something stupid ;)

I won a Daewoo DVRT 40 DVD/VHS/Freeview recorder due to my passion for all things VHS. I'm delighted as its my first DVB Combo unit and both the DVD and VHS side of it works excellently!

I'm having problems with the freeview side of things. On both live TV and recordings there is an occasional frame drop and problems loading the EPG from what I suspect from one MUX

It's almost as though there is a sync pulse as once or twice a minute the picture stutters with white nose for a fraction of a second. On occasion the picture can freeze for as long as a second.

The signal gauge is showing 3 out of 4

Things I have tried:

Reset and Scanned - no difference.

Deleted un-used channels.

I have tried SCART connection as well as HDMI with no improvement.

Tried a different stand alone freeview box with the TV on HDMI which works fine.

I have tried an indoor Set top aerial / rescanned and although picking up only 5 Home Shopping channels they work fine however none of those channels are the affected ones.

Tried a brand new Aerial lead - no change

I have taken the lid off and re-seated all the ribbon cables

At a glance - there do not appear any blown/bulging capacitors or components - actually looks quite tidy.

I drew a bank on phoning up Daewoo to ask where I could download the latest firmware and how to update as they haven't made A/V equipment in about 8 years.

Frustratingly seeking answers as It's a cracking bit of kit. Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)