F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
JVC SR-V10U - Popping noise in audio every other second during playback

DFinklestein
New User

Feb 14, 2015, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3148 views)
Shortcut
JVC SR-V10U - Popping noise in audio every other second during playback Can't Post

I just bought a JVR SR-V10U with the intention of using it to convert old family videos to digital. Playback is fine, except for this obnoxious popping noise that plays over absolutely EVERYTHING, as demonstrated in this amplified WAV:

http://digitalmzx.net/kuru/vcrpopping.wav

This isn't isolated to a specific tape, it doesn't happen on my other two VCRs, and it sometimes goes away for short periods only to come back later. I've tried cleaning the heads and looking for anything that might be obviously causing problems, but I can't figure out how to consistently get this to stop. Google didn't help either. Anyone have advice, or should I just try to return this thing?

DFinklestein
New User

Feb 21, 2015, 3:40 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFinklestein] JVC SR-V10U - Popping noise in audio every other second during playback [In reply to] Can't Post

It's actually gotten worse since I first posted this thread, because after a few days of no audio issues, the popping now happens every 1/10 of a second. It's even louder when using RF. Does seriously nobody have an explanation for what is going on?

(This post was edited by DFinklestein on Feb 21, 2015, 9:23 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)