Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
LG VCR

Gibbo75
New User

Jun 27, 2007, 12:03 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2683 views)
Shortcut
LG VCR Can't Post

I have a LG VCR model GC990W about 2 yrs old which yesterday stopped sending a picture to TV. It is connected to TV using RCA cable. VCR still "plays" & "records" tapes etc. Everything seems to "work" but sends no picture.
I have checked RCA cables and AV channels on TV itself. TV AV channels & RCA cable works with other devices. I tuned VCR to TV via RF cable and was able to get the test screen, however when I turned VCR on there was still no picture whether playing a tape & changed TV channels.
Has anyone come across anything like this before? Is there anything on the remote that could do this? (I'm thinking toddler strikes again....Wink)

techchris
Veteran

Jun 27, 2007, 3:02 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gibbo75] LG VCR [In reply to] Can't Post

if you can see the tv channels through the vcr onto A/V input but not the tape playback ,you probably have dirty tape heads

Gibbo75
New User

Jun 28, 2007, 4:22 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] LG VCR [In reply to] Can't Post

Techchris,
Thanks for reply. I might not have explained clearly. I can't get a picture at all from VCR (except the test picture for RF tuning to TV). It doesn't matter if I play a video or try to watch a TV channel, I get nothing. This happens regardless if i use AV or RF outputs.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 29, 2007, 4:41 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2668 views)
Shortcut

I have experienced on SONY vcr's. I simply pressed the menu button 2x till picture appears. I have no idea and never have seen an LG vcr.

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Jul 11, 2007, 1:05 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2649 views)
Shortcut

If you have no video out on AV it suggests an issue with the switching, as that unit is fairly new it will be a large surface mount processor that has failed. So sorry its not a fix, even LG would not fix that.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)