Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Macrovision: 0wn3d.

heviarti
User

Jun 12, 2010, 4:21 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Macrovision: 0wn3d. Can't Post

I got my time base corrector yesterday. I set it up, and cabled everything together. I got rid of the ClearImage stabilizer, which doesn't seem to work. If I had a 'scope I'd see if it even does anything to the signal.

Anyway, I fooled around trying to get the thing to work for a while, and was about to give up when I noticed a still image on the screen in a state where the VCR could not be generating an image.

I'd hit the 'freeze' switch on the TBC, and that was the image I'd captured. My video is routed from my VCR to my 3/4 VTR, to the TBC, and finally to my DVD recorder. The DVD recorder sends monitor out to the Beta which feeds my CRT.

I threw in one of my tapes the DVD recorder refused to copy, started the VCR, hit record on the DVD recorder and winced... needlessly.

The full frame TBC did the job admirably, and if anyone here is having trouble with backing up their tape collection I reccommend acquiring a TBC. I cannot stress enough that the TBC that you use for this process *MUST* be full frame.

The one I'm using is a Prime Image Freeze II. 50II and above are acceptable. I also know the Nova 900S Super is full frame, but they can be a bit of a shop queen.

I still need a professional VHS machine so I can route around my Umatic- I'm using it's audio limiter and volume gauges to right the marginal audio from less than perfect tapes.

Does anyone know of a remote controlled composite video/stereo audio switch? I've got everything daisy-chained right now, and I'm running out of inputs.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)