Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Magnavox MRD500VR-- blue screen!!

ladybugbkt
New User

Feb 28, 2008, 3:06 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4684 views)
Shortcut
Magnavox MRD500VR-- blue screen!! Can't Post

I have a Magnavox DVD/VCR/tuner combo and tonight it decided to stop working in VCR mode. We have it hooked up so that the cable actually goes through the unit. I was watching TV and decided to play PS2, so I plugged it into the video/audio outlets on the front of the unit (as it has been plugged in thousands of times) and the screen instantly went blue...then I changed the channel down to L2, like I'm supposed to, and I had sound but no picture, just this blue screen. Strange, and I finally unplugged the PS2 so go back to watching TV but the blue screen will not go away and I have no sound while flipping channels. Just blue screen.

The DVD player works, the radio tuner works, but VCR does not. I tried to play a VCR tape to see what happened, and the picture if black and scratchy...I can hear the tape, but no picture.

The TV works fine with the unit turned off, so it's not a cable problem and everything is plugged in the same way it was 10 minutes before when I was watching it. Help! I have pushed every button possible on the remote trying to get this blue screen to go away...nothing works. I'm ready to throw it in the street!

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 4, 2008, 6:55 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladybugbkt] Magnavox MRD500VR-- blue screen!! [In reply to] Can't Post

DVD/VCR COMBO. Do they still make those????????? are you from ALABAMA? LOL yes you can throw it in the street. PLEASE DOOOOO........

denonjapan
made in japan

rrobor
Veteran

Mar 31, 2008, 10:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (4569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladybugbkt] Magnavox MRD500VR-- blue screen!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You probably had your new wooly slippers on and caused an arc of static when you hooked up and blew th input chip. You can hook up 100 times ok when units are working but on 101 you will damage the unit. If you rad th instructions Im sur it will tll yo to never plug int AV with power to the units. So sorry cost of repair is beyond what the unit is worth.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)