Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed

CaroleC
New User

Apr 21, 2008, 7:49 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3631 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed Can't Post

hi everyone, we inserted a video cassette into our vcr, it accepted it "normally", would start to play but after 2 or 3 seconds stopped (without anything happening on the tv screen). When we tried to eject the tape it would not eject it...so we have a tape in the machine which we can't view or eject. Help please!

techchris
Veteran

Apr 21, 2008, 1:36 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CaroleC] Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed [In reply to] Can't Post

unplug it from the eletcric supply,wait 30 mins and plug in.if eject now works then take the tape out and clean the rotary mode switch ,found under the mechanism which gets tarnished and causes problems.if it still wont eject ,check for broken belt first especially if you can hear the motor running trying to eject the tape.

subm
New User

Mar 30, 2010, 2:01 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi "Panasonic nv hd70 vcr" USER:
I own a dated "Panasonic nv hd70 vcr".
I am looking for any on line documentation / manual to use this VCR as I am trouble in viewing some old PAL system VHS cassettes on a NTSC TV.
I remember that at one time I was able to do so and view the PAL VHS cassettes well.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
SM

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 30, 2010, 9:14 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [subm] Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed [In reply to] Can't Post

https://support.panasonic.co.nz/...re/NVHD70%20book.pdf

-------------------------

subm
New User

Mar 30, 2010, 10:02 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed [In reply to] Can't Post

Appreciate your help on being able to provide such a legacy document!

Best Regards.

Barry777
User

Apr 5, 2010, 12:53 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CaroleC] Panasonic NV-HD70 tape jammed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Carole,
Does the machine make any noises like it's trying to eject, or does it simply not respond at all? Does the tape come out partially? If you remove the top cover, you'll be able to see if there's any tape spilled out of the cartridge which will provide more helpful information.
Barry Fone - VCR Repair hobbyist and professional FAA Repair Station Avionics Bench Technician (top level). TEST EQUIPMENT: (4) Sencore VC93 VCR Analyzers, (11) Tentel gauges, Sencore VA48 and (2) VA62 Video Analyzers, Sigma Electronics TSG-375 NTSC/SMPTE Video Generator, several VCR Alignment Tapes, plus countless Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Wow and Flutter Meters, Distortion Analyzers, Vectorscope, 136-channel Logic Analyzer, Signature Analyzer . . . . VIDEO GEAR: (6) JVC BR-S822U's, (3) JVC BR-7000 series, (3) JVC BR-S500U, (2) JVC BR-S800U, JVC GR-800U and (2) GR-860U Editing Controllers, Sony FXE-100 Video Switcher/Effects Generator, (5) Time Code Generator/Readers, (1) Sony SLO-1800 (Beta), (2) Alesis ADAT-XT, (1) Sony DXC-1200 TV Camera, Pioneer VP-1000 Laser Disc Player plus many consumer grade Beta and VHS VCR's. Passionate electronics enthusiast since 1973...most anything except computers. Check out my collection at www.barrys8trackrepair.com/MyVideoGear.html

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)