Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
Phillips VCR Head

azli00
New User

Nov 6, 2008, 3:05 AM

Post #1 of 7 (3388 views)
Shortcut
Phillips VCR Head Can't Post

Hi, i have a Phillips VR756/55 6head VCR with faulty head. I cant get the head replacement anywhere in Malaysia. Question:
1. Is there anywhere i can get the part?
2. Can i use a 4 head Phillips VCR for the VR756/55

need advice ..
regards

azli00
New User

Nov 6, 2008, 3:07 AM

Post #2 of 7 (3383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [azli00] Phillips VCR Head [In reply to] Can't Post

is there any models that compatible with this unit? and still available in the market?

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 6, 2008, 8:40 AM

Post #3 of 7 (3380 views)
Shortcut

Philips have not made a VCR for over 20 years, they are all rebadged , This I suspect is a JVC.

azli00
New User

Nov 6, 2008, 9:15 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Phillips VCR Head [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bro, thanks for replying. but can u please advice what to do, the vcr belongs to my late father, the unit was ok until i accidently spray the contact cleaner to the while cleaning the vcr. any compatible head for the unit.

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 6, 2008, 11:29 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3374 views)
Shortcut

If you sprayed the heads with contact cleaner, chances are they are just dirty. If it has a little cleaning roller pull that off as its contaminated. Look at the drum and at the bottom of the bit that rotates is a small hole with a head in it DO NOT TOUCH THESE. Tools you need. A piece of Shammy leather or a tightly woven cloth like a handkerchief, nothing fluffy or with threads that can catch so the best is the shammy leather. A bottle of solvent, Nail polish remover, alcohol, spray paint thinners etc but nothing with oil. Make a pad that fits on your finger. Find the heads then find a part of the drum with a gap big enough to get your finger down without touching the head and with the tip of your finger on the lower drum (part that does not turn) bring the part with the pad (moistned with solvent) on to the drum part that turns. The pressure you put between your finger and the drum would be about that you would need to lift an egg between finger and thumb. Now lock your finger in that position and do not let it move. Now with your other hand rotate the drum past your finger several times. You may need to do this a few times. As a last resort cleaner there is a product known as Silvo for cleaning silver if you get the liquid form its amazing what that can do. I fixed one head covered with chewing gum. You will need to make sure that all the tape path is clean and also do not try the machine till you are sure the head is dry.

techchris
Veteran

Nov 6, 2008, 9:38 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3371 views)
Shortcut

if rrobor's suggestion does not work you are stuffed.you cant fit a 4 head drum in a 2 head vcr.from memory, this was the infamous queen deck and you needed a special tool to change the heads. even if you could get a new headdrum i bet you could buy another vcr cheaper

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 7, 2008, 7:04 AM

Post #7 of 7 (3367 views)
Shortcut

know better than this over the knuckleheads LOL LOL LOL

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)