12 volt VCR adapter

322buick
New User

Oct 2, 2019, 8:23 PM

Post #1 of 3 (105593 views)
Shortcut
12 volt VCR adapter Can't Post

Hello,
I have a GoldStar 12vDC car and home VCP [player only]. The wall adapter is lost and I don't know what to use. In my box of adapters I have a 12vdc 300ma adapter but that was a joke. It lights the power button up, but push a tape in and it flattens out to nothing. If I hook it up to a car battery, it works great. But the battery is 600 CCA. What will I need for an adapter that will power this thing? Obviously overkill is better than underkill. It is a GoldStar model GVP-C125
Many thanks for any help,
Mike

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 14, 2019, 2:12 AM

Post #2 of 3 (93214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [322buick] 12 volt VCR adapter [In reply to] Can't Post

If you look at the back panel of the player, under the DC In Jack there is embossed ratings.

-------------------------

322buick
New User

Oct 15, 2019, 3:12 PM

Post #3 of 3 (93180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 12 volt VCR adapter [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello and thank you for the response,
All that is shown there is 12v DC and the polarity - c + Nothing about the amperage required for the VCP.
At any rate, I got it handled. I got a nice adapter that looks a lot like a laptop adapter [12-18 inch pigtail from the outlet to the box, then the long small wires to the VCP]. I learned that 12v VCRs will consume 1 to 2 amps. So I purchased one that was 12VDC and 5 amps and - c +.
That gave me a strong 12v with a lot of reserve and doesn't even get warm. Works like a dream.....and only $10.99 and shipped free. Many of these Motor Home Camper forums have extensive lists of the amperage requirements for all 12 volt products. That made me a "happy camper" also {;-) Thank you again!

(This post was edited by 322buick on Oct 15, 2019, 3:14 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)