Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
VCR turned off insert tape, now no power on after manual removal

ferre13sj
New User

Apr 24, 2015, 3:01 AM

Post #1 of 7 (4207 views)
Shortcut
VCR turned off insert tape, now no power on after manual removal Can't Post

Lately when I insert tape into VCR, the VCR would turn off. After pressing power button to turn back on it would work fine. Last night I put in a tape and instead of the VCR turning itself off, it just kept blinking on, off, on, off, etc. Power button and remote would not stop it. Unplugging did, but soon as plugged back in, it continued the on/off cycle. Couldnt eject tape. Finally unplugged, removed cover, and attempted to remove tape. Couldn't turn the gears manually, until I removed the little motor that has the gear connected to the other gears. Was able to turn manually the larger gears to eject tape. Reinstalled the motor, and now VCR will not turn on at all. Sometimes when I plug it in, I get a faint green light that pulsates, and the heads try to turn (wiggle back and forth) for a few minutes, then all goes dead. Other times nothing happens when I plug it in. I imagine the little motor is in wrong position ? for VCR to turn on, but don't know how or if I can remedy this. Help?

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 24, 2015, 3:11 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ferre13sj] VCR turned off insert tape, now no power on after manual removal [In reply to] Can't Post

Searching for 'VCR' gives "About 38,800,000 results (0.27 seconds)."

I don't have the patience to check every result. Care to narrow it down a little?

http://www.tv-forums.com/...n_this_Forum._P2790/

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Apr 24, 2015, 3:15 AM)

ferre13sj
New User

Apr 24, 2015, 4:32 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] VCR turned off insert tape, now no power on after manual removal [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry. Completely forgot to put in model! It's an RCA vr705hf.

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 24, 2015, 5:16 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ferre13sj] VCR turned off insert tape, now no power on after manual removal [In reply to] Can't Post

Any 'UL' or 'FCC' codes on rear sticker?
OR
Good, clear pictures of insides?

ferre13sj
New User

Apr 24, 2015, 5:42 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] VCR turned off insert tape, now no power on after manual removal [In reply to] Can't Post

FCC ID A3LSCORPIO
UL LISTED 16M4 E91055
MADE IN INDONESIA

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 24, 2015, 5:49 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4167 views)
Shortcut

Good, clear pictures of insides?
Top & bottom so I can recall which 2001 Samsung mechanism.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Apr 24, 2015, 6:31 PM)

ferre13sj
New User

Apr 25, 2015, 6:29 PM

Post #7 of 7 (4156 views)
Shortcut

I'll try to get pictures posted soon. Parents gave me their JVC which is supposed to work, will hook it up later today. But if I can repair mine, I'd still like it for backup, so will continue with this thread. Busy weekend, back next week. Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)