Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: VCR Repair Forum:
jvc

ivtec
User

Dec 23, 2008, 12:15 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2193 views)
Shortcut
jvc Can't Post

hi, my jvc vcr plays and records well in sp but in lp it's not good mostly snow like if the heads are thirty.i think the heads are bad, anybody knows who makes jvc video heads,i don't want to spend any money on this,so next time i see a vcr on the junk i will pick it up and swapp the heads, somebody knows what other vcr brands use same as jvc video heads?

techchris
Veteran

Dec 23, 2008, 9:45 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtec] jvc [In reply to] Can't Post

most headdrums are not interchangeable.I guess you mean the heads are dirty not thirty?have you tried cleaning them? only the same model jvc will have the same heads and if it is junk you wont know if the heads are any good till you waste time changing them

ivtec
User

Dec 24, 2008, 10:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] jvc [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help my friend. as i stated only the long play either recording or playing don't work, I've cleaned all heads, i also have in the same situation a Sony slv-680. in Sp mode recording and playing is great, thanks and merry Christmas.

ivtec
User

Dec 26, 2008, 10:51 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2175 views)
Shortcut

Also can you please tell me where in the chassi is the battery or cap that keep the clock on when the power plugg is taken out of the wall so i don't have adjust the clock every time power goes off. Thanks.

rrobor
Veteran

Dec 31, 2008, 9:32 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2164 views)
Shortcut

Most videos dont have a backup battery. They have a capacitor which will hold it for a few moments but no more. Also how are you cleaning heads. Many times I have had faylty heads only to find as real clean fixes them.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)