sanyo vcr manual

suzi
New User

Oct 20, 2010, 1:49 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3838 views)
Shortcut
sanyo vcr manual Can't Post

Hello all Smile
I have a phillips vcr, but suddenly it was all "snow" on the screen. I tried cleaning it (several times), and it usually helps, but not this time. ??? I have tried opening it, but I have no idea of what to clean. ???
So I got an old Sanyo VHR-278EV and wanted to see it it would work instead. In SP it plays fine, but not in LP. And the manual I found on the net is for VHR-278E. (Without the "V") And that is not the same. The vcr has LP, but not according to the remote control. The remote I have is not the same as in the VHR-278E manual I have.
I hope someone can help me. Thank you.
Suzi

Barry777
User

Oct 25, 2010, 2:24 PM

Post #2 of 8 (3827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suzi] sanyo vcr manual [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Suzi,

If it's dirty video heads, here's how to clean them: Locate the video head drum, which is the biggest round thing in the unit, a large tilted aluminum cylinder. Gently rotate it by placing a finger on the top and moving it. You'll see some very small horizontal slots halfway between the top and bottom of the drum, and these are your video heads. There will be 2, 4 or 6 of them depending on your machine. Poke a finger through a white T shirt (or any tightly woven cotton fabric), then dip it in household alcohol. VERY GENTLY, wipe the heads (slots) about 5 or 6 times, then check the T shirt to see if you removed any dirt. Any noticeable dirt will affect your playback quality.

After doing this, check the VCR and see if your picture is back. If not, it's something else and would take a technician to repair. You can try to process a few more times just for fun, then scrap the machine if you don't get results.
Barry Fone - VCR Repair hobbyist and professional FAA Repair Station Avionics Bench Technician (top level). TEST EQUIPMENT: (4) Sencore VC93 VCR Analyzers, (11) Tentel gauges, Sencore VA48 and (2) VA62 Video Analyzers, Sigma Electronics TSG-375 NTSC/SMPTE Video Generator, several VCR Alignment Tapes, plus countless Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Wow and Flutter Meters, Distortion Analyzers, Vectorscope, 136-channel Logic Analyzer, Signature Analyzer . . . . VIDEO GEAR: (6) JVC BR-S822U's, (3) JVC BR-7000 series, (3) JVC BR-S500U, (2) JVC BR-S800U, JVC GR-800U and (2) GR-860U Editing Controllers, Sony FXE-100 Video Switcher/Effects Generator, (5) Time Code Generator/Readers, (1) Sony SLO-1800 (Beta), (2) Alesis ADAT-XT, (1) Sony DXC-1200 TV Camera, Pioneer VP-1000 Laser Disc Player plus many consumer grade Beta and VHS VCR's. Passionate electronics enthusiast since 1973...most anything except computers. Check out my collection at www.barrys8trackrepair.com/MyVideoGear.html

suzi
New User

Oct 26, 2010, 11:34 AM

Post #3 of 8 (3822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barry777] sanyo vcr manual [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. IŽll try that. Smile

dumpster
User

Nov 8, 2010, 11:40 PM

Post #4 of 8 (3809 views)
Shortcut

go to www.repairfaq.com or .net tap on vcr section

suzi
New User

Nov 12, 2010, 2:30 PM

Post #5 of 8 (3800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dumpster] sanyo vcr manual [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the link, but I canŽt find vcr link... ??? I tried bothe the .com and the .net site.

suzi
New User

Nov 12, 2010, 2:32 PM

Post #6 of 8 (3799 views)
Shortcut

I cleaned the vcr-heads and IT WORKED. Surprised that so little can mess the picture up. Thanks!Smile

Barry777
User

Nov 13, 2010, 12:23 AM

Post #7 of 8 (3794 views)
Shortcut

All RIGHT SUZI! Rock and roll - you go girl!
Barry Fone - VCR Repair hobbyist and professional FAA Repair Station Avionics Bench Technician (top level). TEST EQUIPMENT: (4) Sencore VC93 VCR Analyzers, (11) Tentel gauges, Sencore VA48 and (2) VA62 Video Analyzers, Sigma Electronics TSG-375 NTSC/SMPTE Video Generator, several VCR Alignment Tapes, plus countless Oscilloscopes, Frequency Counters, Wow and Flutter Meters, Distortion Analyzers, Vectorscope, 136-channel Logic Analyzer, Signature Analyzer . . . . VIDEO GEAR: (6) JVC BR-S822U's, (3) JVC BR-7000 series, (3) JVC BR-S500U, (2) JVC BR-S800U, JVC GR-800U and (2) GR-860U Editing Controllers, Sony FXE-100 Video Switcher/Effects Generator, (5) Time Code Generator/Readers, (1) Sony SLO-1800 (Beta), (2) Alesis ADAT-XT, (1) Sony DXC-1200 TV Camera, Pioneer VP-1000 Laser Disc Player plus many consumer grade Beta and VHS VCR's. Passionate electronics enthusiast since 1973...most anything except computers. Check out my collection at www.barrys8trackrepair.com/MyVideoGear.html

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 13, 2010, 1:32 AM

Post #8 of 8 (3792 views)
Shortcut

It could be A Boy Named Suzi. Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)