First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

mjbxx
New User

Feb 4, 2011, 10:38 PM

Post #51 of 66 (4960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] Panasonic PT53WX53 geometry off [In reply to] Can't Post

Ron.M

"CAUTION:...I can't tell from the earlier pix what your rings are made from....
On some sets the centering rings are made from metal....
Some other sets the centering rings are made from a plastic type material that can & will break..."

The centering rings are plastic. I think it best to remove the adhesive first. What is the best way to remove the adhesive? Is it possible for the plastic centering rings to stick together?

"Now you have the center of the screen located...."

Just to be clear. Does one centering ring adjust for horizontal and the other centering ring adjust for vertical?

"Cover 2 colors (Reccommend red & blue to start)....
Adjust the green centering rings to put the "dot" on the exact center of where the strings cross in the center...."

Do I need to loosen up the yoke to adjust the centering rings?

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 4, 2011, 10:49 PM

Post #52 of 66 (4954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjbxx] Panasonic PT53WX53 geometry off [In reply to] Can't Post

mjbxx;....

I think it best to remove the adhesive first. What is the best way to remove the adhesive? Is it possible for the plastic centering rings to stick together?

Duhh !!!...Yes , remove the adhesive first....
I'd use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry it up & off the yoke & rings....
Again use CARE !!!!
Yes , it is possible for the rings to stick together...
By holding one tab & gently turning the other should free them up.....

Does one centering ring adjust for horizontal and the other centering ring adjust for vertical?

NOT neccessarily....
They react differently on different TVs...
Just watch how they move the pix & in short order you'll figure out how to move the pix to the center....

Do I need to loosen up the yoke to adjust the centering rings?

ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!
The rings move separately from the yoke itself...
Remember not to force them to move....

GOOD LUCK........

Later....Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

mjbxx
New User

Feb 4, 2011, 11:55 PM

Post #53 of 66 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Ron.M

Everything went well. The black bars are even now. I just need to do convergence now.

Crosshatch

Pic

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 5, 2011, 1:06 AM

Post #54 of 66 (4945 views)
Shortcut

mjbxx;.....

Ya dun good !!!!.... ....
EDIT:...
ALMOST !!!
Looks like the red vertical is off to the right side center , especially noticeable on the left side....
Might want to reset the centering rings for the red...
Then just touch up the colors & areas that need it in the "customers" convergence menu & you should be good to go....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Feb 5, 2011, 1:11 AM)

mjbxx
New User

Feb 5, 2011, 3:21 AM

Post #55 of 66 (4939 views)
Shortcut

Ron.M
I went ahead with the final tweak and the convergence. I can't thank you enough for your invaluable experience and patience. Once again, thank you.

One other thing, you new there would be. lol. Should I put adhesive over the centering rings and yoke?

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 5, 2011, 4:14 AM

Post #56 of 66 (4936 views)
Shortcut

mjbxx;.....

You are MOST welcome....You ARE one of a very few that I enjoyed working with & helping out....Wink...

Should I put adhesive over the centering rings and yoke?

Not really necessary....
If the rings turned loose & sloppy , then I'd say yes....
If the rings turned firmly , then I'd say not needed....
It's really just a matter of what you think is comfortable for you....
IF you do , use CARE where you put the adhesive...

ENJOY the TV....Smile....Smile....Smile...

Stay warm....Wink...

Later...Ron.M.....Cool....

Centaurette
New User

Feb 28, 2011, 5:28 PM

Post #57 of 66 (4909 views)
Shortcut

I hate to hijack a thread, but RonM, since you just dealt with this model tv, I thought I'd catch you while your memory was still fresh. Wink

Recently, the very top and very bottom are cut off of the picture. Using the Aspect button on the remote accomplishes nothing except when putting it in 4:3 mode. I can get into the Setup screen to do a convergence adjustment and it lets me move it up/down and left/right, but once I get to that part of the screen, it wont do anything BUT let me move the convergence lines. The only way I can get out of the screen after that is to turn the TV off on the front panel. I'm supposed to be able to get to another screen for 9-point convergence. From what I've been reading, it sounds like a convergence issue...esp since it locks up on that screen...except the picture isn't distorted that is the epitome of a convergence issue.

And we are broke so I can't just call a repairman or buy a new TV.

There's also the possibility that the 'Ok'/Action button the remote doesn't work or doesn't work correctly. When I try to use the Ok button while in the convergence adjustment (which it's required to use the remote as the front panel controls do nothing at this screen), the TV button on the remote just blinks 3 times. So, if it might be a remote problem locking it up, then I guess a new remote is in order.

I posted this question in Yahoo Answers and the only reply I received suggested the Vertical Size adjustment. I already found that but it can only be used in Zoom mode and is already set as low as it can go.

It drives me nuts because heads get cut off and anything with subtitles can't be read.

Thanks for your help!!

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 28, 2011, 7:14 PM

Post #58 of 66 (4899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Centaurette] Panasonic PT53WX53 geometry off [In reply to] Can't Post

Centaurette;....

Some questions need to be answered first....

1)..How much electronic/TV repair background experience do you have ????
2)...Is it the exact same model TV ????
3)...Can you take & post pix if needed ????

I will try to help you as best as I can....
But did you read this from post #3 ????

The thread you referenced (Referring to mjbxx) was for a Philips/Magnavox TV.....
I'm not nowhere as familiar with Panasonic Projection TVs""...

I found the exact manual for your set & other similiar models....
ALL , simplified versions !!!
However , some did NOT have any schematics ...
BUT , NOT a one had ANY convergence/geometry instructions.....DAMM !!!!

This lack of info from Panasonic may be a problem helping you....

I thought I'd catch you while your memory was still fresh. Wink

What memory ???....Wink....

I posted this question in Yahoo Answers and the only reply I received suggested the Vertical Size adjustment.

Sounds that way to me also....

I already found that but it can only be used in Zoom mode and is already set as low as it can go.

WHERE did you find that adjustment at ????...

Please post answers to my questions & give me some time to re-locate a manual.....THANKS....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...

Centaurette
New User

Feb 28, 2011, 10:58 PM

Post #59 of 66 (4895 views)
Shortcut

1)..How much electronic/TV repair background experience do you have ????
2)...Is it the exact same model TV ????
3)...Can you take & post pix if needed ????

1) Not a whole lot...some minor soldering of laptop board components (which I'm proud to say are still alive and working) and a few other things, but enough to know what to and not to touch and am a very fast learner. I also don't have a lot of solo time to dissect and use my usual method of learning (trial and error) as it's a TV and I have a curious 4yo who likes to "help".

2) Yes, the same model as mjbxx posted in his Title line...Panasonic PT53WX53

3) Yes, I can take and provide pics.

Yes, I read the quote, but you did such a great job with him, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask nicely. Angelic

If you send me your email...or tell me how to send a file here, I can get you both/either the user or service manuals.

WHERE did you find that adjustment at ????...

In the customer setup menu in Other Adjustments/Zoom Adjust. Nope...didn't open the TV yet. I could smell your fear that I might've done that already. Lol

Ron.M
Veteran

Mar 1, 2011, 12:04 AM

Post #60 of 66 (4890 views)
Shortcut

Centaurette;....

THANKS for your quick reply....

I accepted your offer on the manuals....See PM....

Is the remote the "original" ????
Does the "Action" button work on other features ????
If it's a replacement remote or not original , PLEASE post a pix....

After re-reading your post , I would like to see the user manual also....

THANKS....

Nope...didn't open the TV yet. I could smell your fear
that I might've done that already.

EXCELLENT nose !!!!

Later...Ron.M....Cool....

Centaurette
New User

Mar 1, 2011, 1:48 AM

Post #61 of 66 (4887 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I believe it is the original. I took it apart to see if maybe something had been spilled in it (as it was acquired used). It looked clean and there didn't look like there was any damage to the board...no burn spots, no cracks, all surrounding circuitry seems to be unbroken. <br> <br>You have email! Same name as here. <br>
The Action button does work on some things, but I don't use that remote regularly because we have Directv and 2 remotes is a pain. I know when using the front panel menu, if it sits for too long, the TV will go back a step and then if I press the Action button, instead of it acting like an OK button, it acts like a Back button. Then I can use the Action button to get the setup menu to come up, but can't hit Ok/Action to progress further. It just opens and closes the setup menu.

(This post was edited by Centaurette on Mar 1, 2011, 2:06 AM)

Ron.M
Veteran

Mar 1, 2011, 8:56 PM

Post #62 of 66 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Centaurette;.....

OK , here we go...
I need the number off the remote or a pix....
Some questions;....

Recently, the very top and very bottom are cut off of the picture.

Do you just use the TV ONLY on Direct TV or other inputs ???
Is the pix cut off on ALL modes & during ALL inputs ???

I posted this question in Yahoo Answers and the only reply I received suggested the Vertical Size adjustment. I already found that but it can only be used in Zoom mode and is already set as low as it can go.

WHERE did you find this at & how did you adjust it ????

It drives me nuts because heads get cut off and anything with subtitles can't be read.

Are you using a DVD player or did you mean "Closed Caption" ????

THANKS.....Sly....

Later...Ron.M...Cool..,...

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Mar 3, 2011, 10:40 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 2, 2011, 6:52 AM

Post #63 of 66 (4855 views)
Shortcut

Car repairs have been rescheduled for tommorrow...DAMMMN !!!!

It's not like you have a job...WinkWinkWink

-------------------------

Centaurette
New User

Mar 2, 2011, 3:54 PM

Post #64 of 66 (4853 views)
Shortcut

I need the number off the remote or a pix....

It's EUR7603Z9A

Do you just use the TV ONLY on Direct TV or other inputs ???

By this, do you mean do I have just satellite or do I have other means like cable? Or do you mean do I only use the TV to watch TV or do I have a gaming systems and/or a DVD or VCR?

Is the pix cut off on ALL modes & during ALL inputs ???

The pix is cut off in all modes...Zoom, Full, Adjust, and 4:3 modes. The pix doesn't seem to change at all in Full, Zoom, or Just modes. And it was the same regardless of what external component was used...Wii, DVD/VCR combo, PS2.

WHERE did you find this at & how did you adjust it ????

First, I had to change the Aspect via the remote to Zoom. Then using the front panel on the TV, hit Menu. I go into Setup, Other Adj, then Zoom Adjust. The choices within that are Size (can only choose 0-4), V-Position (which can only be used if Size is 1 or higher), and Normal...which is a matter of Yes or No.

Are you using a DVD player or did you mean "Closed Caption" ????

I mean when using the DVD player or watching TV...like when they do translations within the TV show.

I don't remember what you said that triggered this thought, but I'm going to check my Directv remote. I know there's a Setup section in the Menu, but if I recall correctly, there wasn't anything to change the TV ratio or resolutions. Since that is a nagging feeling I can't get rid of now, I'm going to check my Directv remote and see if I might've missed something in the Setup Menu.

I will get back to you in a little bit. I have to try to get a compromise from my 4yo daughter to be able to steal the TV from her for a few minutes. Crazy

Centaurette
New User

Mar 2, 2011, 4:21 PM

Post #65 of 66 (4851 views)
Shortcut

Update

I feel like such a dope. Blush In Directv's menu, I found an HDTV menu that lets me choose the ratio (4:3 or 16:9), Screen Format (original, stretch, crop, etc). So, I guess I have to try to fiddle with those to see if they make any difference.

And here I prided myself of being the electronics/computer guru in our house since my hubby has no clue. Unsure

If my finagling with the Directv remote settings totally fixes the issue, I'm going to quietly back out the room and bid my adieu...with many thanks and apologies to you, RonM. Cool

Centaurette
New User

Mar 2, 2011, 7:44 PM

Post #66 of 66 (4842 views)
Shortcut

Updated update

When I grabbed the Directv manual to see what each Screen Format meant, right on the back of it was a picture of the remote and what each button does. There's a Format button that cycles through screen formats and resolutions. It's right below the Input button. Somewhere along the line, my daughter must have pressed that button when she was changing to a different input to play the Wii or PlayStation.

Isn't that why we have kids and pets?!? To blame them?? Wink But for once, it was my daughter's fault. Lol

Thanks so much for the help!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)