Is my TV bad? or is it my antenna?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

boy2suk
New User

Aug 27, 2010, 8:09 AM

Post #51 of 57 (781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Astrovel] Is my TV bad? or is it my antenna? [In reply to] Can't Post

When the tekkie from bestbuy will come around, im sure that he'll focus his workon the audio amplifer section of your TV and finally he 'll fix it. that is my method if i were to repair TV of the same symptom.
Wink

techchris
Veteran

Aug 27, 2010, 10:53 AM

Post #52 of 57 (776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boy2suk] Is my TV bad? or is it my antenna? [In reply to] Can't Post

13 months wait for a service call is a bit slow even by best buy standards

Ron.M
Veteran

Aug 27, 2010, 5:53 PM

Post #53 of 57 (770 views)
Shortcut
Re: Is my TV bad? or is it my antenna? [In reply to] Can't Post

boy2suk & techcris;....

Both of you guys need to learn how to read...Wink.....
This thread is over a year old....
For the most part , dead....Unsure...

boy2suk;.....

When the tekkie from bestbuy will come around, im sure that he'll focus his workon the audio amplifer section of your TV and finally he 'll fix it. that is my method if i were to repair TV of the same symptom....

IF you'd have read this thread fully , you'd have seen that happened in post #41 where the guy from BestBuy said she may need a couple of boards....
More than likely , that problem IS solved....
Thanks , Genius , for that Long Overdue advice....

techcris;....

13 months wait for a service call is a bit slow even by best buy standards

See post #41 dated July , 4th , 2009 !!!!...
That's 13 MONTHS AGO !!!!....

The rest of this thread deals with an antenna/reception problem that may/may not be solved....

Later....Ron.M.....Cool....

Veteran & Retired TV technician

Astrovel
New User

Aug 28, 2010, 2:26 PM

Post #54 of 57 (762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] Is my TV bad? or is it my antenna? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey boys! To bring you up to date: The Tech guy came out and replaced the board in the TV, however, it is doing the same thing after a year. I was told that Dynex is the cheapest TV on the market and I can believe that entirely. Unfortunately it was all I could afford at the time.
The problem is still there. I am just dealing with it and where possible using closed captioning to see what the dialogue is.
When it konks out, I will try to get a better quality TV. As far as the antenna...it is up 45 feet in the air and I still cannot get all channels, especially in rainy weather. My son says he can see some large trees in the direct path of the antenna so that may be the problem also. I'm not going to mess with trying to go up any higher.
I gave up and signed up for Dish Network and wouldn't you know it???? They have replaced two receivers. I'm on my third one now. I have resigned myself that my location is playing a big part in the reception both with the receiver and the antenna.
I've given up messing with it. If I can't get a program with either one, I just pop in a DVD.
Thank you all for your good suggestions. I appreciate it.

UnsureUnsure

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 28, 2010, 3:18 PM

Post #55 of 57 (761 views)
Shortcut

Or just read a good book.Smile

Ron: I'm sure we can probably squeeze a few more pages out of it.Tongue

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 28, 2010, 3:21 PM)

Ron.M
Veteran

Aug 28, 2010, 4:53 PM

Post #56 of 57 (756 views)
Shortcut

Astrovel;....
Good to see you are still alive & kicking....Smile....

It's too late now but if I had that set & BestBuy couldn't/didn't fix it , I would've demanded a replacement.....
Doesn't matter what you paid for it when you bought it , they still have to honor their warranty & either fix the set OR replace it with another set or similar model....
That's a FEDERAL law !!!!....

As far as your reception problem goes , I have the perfect solution....
Sell your house & move closer to the stations.....Sly..Laugh....
I'm reffering to the land based TV stations , of course....

The best to you....
Good Luck.....

Later....Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Astrovel
New User

Aug 28, 2010, 5:54 PM

Post #57 of 57 (749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] Is my TV bad? or is it my antenna? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ron,
Yes, it's too late now re: Best Buy because when I first posted on the forum the warranty was within a few days of expiring if I remember right. They DID replace the board and it worked for awhile but it's back doing the same thing. Lesson learned. Don't buy cheap China stuff. LOL.
And oh how I wish I could take your advice and move. Last year we got a home equity loan to upgrade our 20 yr old house, put all the money into upgrading. Then the real estate market in our area tanked even farther.
The lady across the street from us just sold her house after 3 yrs on the market and she had to come down to $65K from $95K. Hers is a newer house, a 4 bedr. ours is only 2 bedr. So until the market turns around we couldn't even break even. Pray that 153 seats in the House and 1/3 of the Senate seats is turned over in November. My only hope at this point.
Good hearing from you again.
Blessings
V

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.27 s on (CGI/1.1)