First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

bogart219
User

Sep 21, 2009, 3:58 PM

Post #126 of 141 (3480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bogart219] Toshiba hypermodule [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey jts
I got 8.7 volts on pins 19,40 & 55. Still got to figure out this scope. The problem I got is the guy I got the scope from lives an hour from me and works crazy hours. Plus he never messed with tv's too much. Alot of the questions I ask him about how to use the scope he doesn't explain very well. Probably more my ignorance.
I would like to get him over here and go through some of the test using the scope with me. I'm working on that.
Thanks for your patience :)

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 21, 2009, 8:57 PM

Post #127 of 141 (3479 views)
Shortcut

Go back to the first waveform observations we made (the ones I'm pretty sure WERE correct) on the scope of a video (V) and also a luminence (Y) signal and study the effect on the scope's face of the "changing scenes" on the video monitor's screen. Note which controls had what effect (height of waveform on scope face, # of waveform repititions, and especially the one(s) that would stabilize the waveform on the face). As long as you can return a particular control or switch to the starting point ... go ahead and try different settings, especially on "triggering."Cool

-------------------------

bogart219
User

Sep 24, 2009, 9:07 PM

Post #128 of 141 (3465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Toshiba hypermodule [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey jts,
I took that scope out to that guy I got it from and had him go over a few things again. We hooked up a rca cable to his monitor out jack on his rptv. He got the scope settings set up. I was able to see the video signal and how it changed when the picture changed. I know what to look for now, I think. I got home and hooked it up to monitor out on the toshiba again. On Ant1 and video1 I got the same signal and seen it changed. On colorstream 1&2 I got no signal, (I think before I told you I did).
I'm going through the post again and write down those test points you previsouly told me to check.
I'll get back to you. Thanks!

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 24, 2009, 9:54 PM

Post #129 of 141 (3463 views)
Shortcut

First thing (you probably should have done before leaving his place) MARK What control is at what setting - so you can put back to a "reference" point.

bogart219
User

Sep 25, 2009, 8:52 AM

Post #130 of 141 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I did. I left all the settings where they were at and wrote everything down plus took another picture of it:)

bogart219
User

Sep 28, 2009, 11:49 AM

Post #131 of 141 (3448 views)
Shortcut

Hey JTS,
I'm working on now going back in the threads and writing down all the test points you said to check earlier.
Now that I have the scope set up right and know what to look for, I was going to recheck all those points.
Before I do however, do you think I should pull that hyperboard out and reinstall the signal board and see what happens? From reading other post on different forums over the last six months a few different people said the set should come on with the hyperboard removed. The picture would be screwed up but at least there would be something on the screen. If this works it would confirm that there is still something wrong with the hyperboard correct?
The original problem with the hyperboard was that in STANDARD definition, the picture would be wavey and distorted for about 10-15 min. then be fine. High def. was fine from the start. Being we hooked that mointor out to the small tv and the standard def picture was fine from the start, I thought it wasn't the hyper, but who knows. Do you think I should pull it and see what happens?

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 28, 2009, 9:55 PM

Post #132 of 141 (3445 views)
Shortcut

Shouldn't hurt anything (unless you do a boo-boo).
I'm just trying to determine if/where/what input/control settings that you are losing the video &/or luminance signal.Wink

bogart219
User

Oct 1, 2009, 9:59 PM

Post #133 of 141 (3439 views)
Shortcut

Hello JTS,
I finally got to take the hyper board out. Put the signal board back in and plugged everything back in. I got a picture on the screen! The whole screen was light blue. It would flash every couple of seasons. Looking up at the crt's from the back, I could see each color lit up.
It appears there is still a problem with this hyperboard.
Would you agree? Hopefully its the hyperboard and not anything on the signal board. I was thinking of contacting the guy who repaired it and see if he will look at it again.
If no luck with him, I will have to search for a hyperboard. Do you think this is how I should proceed now? Thanks!!

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 1, 2009, 10:41 PM

Post #134 of 141 (3438 views)
Shortcut

"Picture" presumes video content. "Raster" is a lit screen without video content. So I presume you meant to say that you have a light blue raster...
Seems like it. We've been proceeding along those lines, confirming inputs/outputs, until we'd be left with nothing but the Hyper board. I'd love to know if anything that was NOT working with the Hyper installed is now working (Sound, OSD, etc.) that pretty much would clinch it. (Wasn't one of the color streams input to the Q510 IC? - Try those too while Hyper is out).

I don't think the guy that recaps the boards would have more technical info, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.
Be careful you don't obtain another with worse problem(s). Although another that needs recapping, if sent in...WinkWink

bogart219
User

Oct 1, 2009, 10:55 PM

Post #135 of 141 (3434 views)
Shortcut

Yes your right, light blue raster. With the hyper out I plugged the cable into ant1 and didn't get a picture. No OSD either, just that blue raster.

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 1, 2009, 10:57 PM

Post #136 of 141 (3433 views)
Shortcut

What about other inputs, including color streams? Sound?

bogart219
User

Oct 1, 2009, 11:23 PM

Post #137 of 141 (3431 views)
Shortcut

will try and let you know!

bogart219
User

Oct 3, 2009, 10:48 AM

Post #138 of 141 (3427 views)
Shortcut

Hey JTS, I was getting a raster (light blue screen) on colorstream 1&2 (using dvd player) and Ant 1 (using cable), but no picture. No OSD. Video1,2&3 no raster at all. All the above with hyperboard removed.
I sent that hyperboard back to that guy on ebay and he said he will go over it again real good. It will probably be a 1 1/2 week turnaround. I'll post back when I get it back in the set and e what happens. Talk to you later:)

bogart219
User

Oct 12, 2009, 6:47 PM

Post #139 of 141 (3412 views)
Shortcut

Hey JTS, here is the latest. A couple of weeks ago I seen a guy had a 57h82 on craigslist. He said make offer. I called him up and told him if he didn't get any takers that I would give him $20 and haul it away. When I asked him what was wrong with his he said the service tech said something about a capacitor. Hmmm. I got a hold of a service manual for that model and it looked like it used the same hyperboard as mine. He called a couple days ago and said I could have it. I took the hyper out of that one put it in mine and it worked! No zig-zag lines. I put everything back to together and its been on for about 5 hours how. I'll know better in a couple weeks.
The guy who checked my hyper out couldn't find anything wrong with it. I must of shorted out an IC on it or something. I told him to keep it,\. He said he is going to throw it out. Appearently a hyperboard shorted out can keep the screen dark. I should of pulled that hyper out a long time ago to see what would happen. I really appreciate all your help and staying with me on this. I got lucky for a change!
Later!

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 13, 2009, 8:05 AM

Post #140 of 141 (3409 views)
Shortcut

That's one way to do it.

You're welcome. Glad to hear that the set is working. I'd always suspected that you blew something inside that was not letting the signal pass.

Only one thing...how "good" is his board? Did/does it have as many hours on it (or whatever causes the caps to go defective) as yours? Guess, as you've indicated, time will tell.

Anyway, good luck in future endeavors. And keep in mind that asking a few questions BEFORE you start any project, is usually better than "leaping before you look."

bogart219
User

Oct 13, 2009, 10:56 AM

Post #141 of 141 (3407 views)
Shortcut

The hyperboard I put in has not shown any signs of the zig-zag problems, but I'm sure that its only a matter of time before those caps on that board takes a crap. I'll know what to do this time when it happens.
Do you remember that other set (zenith 32") that I screwed up and you was helping me on? I got to order some parts for it and will get back to you on that. Later!
Thanks!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)